Ended Official BYC Mini Contest—Creative Eggs & Eggshells

Pics
I love this idea. What is on the bottom of the shell to keep the wax in?
The bottom of the shell is intact, which is why I added the warning to make sure it's in a stable holder, imagining a shell full of liquid wax getting bumped and spilled.....
a shell.jpg

The bottom of the shell is intact, which is why I added the warning to make sure it's in a stable holder, imagining a shell full of liquid wax getting bumped and spilled.....
View attachment 1584755
Oh ok. For some reason I was thinking it was flat/opened somehow to sit flat.
Thx.

I made this a couple years ago (NOT an ENTRY)...it was fun and easy (and my cat liked it). Mosaics are fun! Got eggshells?
View attachment 1577011

@N F C ..I like this. I'm thinking about making a set for my sister for Christmas. Questions...

How long did you dry the shells for? Did you use a glue gun? Would light brown and blue shells work? Did you put sonething on the inside on the bottom?

@N F C ..I like this. I'm thinking about making a set for my sister for Christmas. Questions...

How long did you dry the shells for? Did you use a glue gun? Would light brown and blue shells work? Did you put sonething on the inside on the bottom?

This will give you some info on how I made the candle holder:
creative-crafting-with-eggshells.72421

It didn't take long for the shells to dry. Just to make the pieces neater looking, I did remove as much of the membrane as possible.

I made a couple of the votives using dyed egg shells (using the type of dye you color Easter eggs with) and found that over time, the dye faded a bit. If you use eggs that are naturally colored, that probably wouldn't be a problem.

Give it a try and let me see a picture of what you come up with!

Back
Top Bottom