Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest—What's Your Hobby?

Hobby #2
20211128_115354.jpg

Rock collecting.
This photo represents a very small portion of my very huge collection. I have lots more of these labelled rocks, I bought them at a convention for nerdy rock people a couple years ago. I have tons of rocks that I have collected over the years, lots of them are actually from when I was a kid, whenever I moved the rocks came with me. Most of my collection is in boxes right now, my most stunning pieces are usually displayed wherever there's shelf space.
My hobby started when I was four, my mother liked finding weird pieces of rocks, petrified wood, and shells. She got me a box and I started my own collection. She still has some of our interesting finds on her bookshelves 🥰

Adorable 🥰 your hobby is very intriguing and I’m sure it’s a lot of hard work as well!
Do you make your own formula for hand-feeding???
I buy the formula because it's more convenient than making my own. I've tried a few different brands and now have a favourite which the chicks move onto really quickly.

It is a lot of work and I probably couldn't do it without our two kids helping me, but it is very rewarding. They are such sweet birds and they all have different personalities.

I am loving hearing about everyone's hobbies. 💗

I buy the formula because it's more convenient than making my own. I've tried a few different brands and now have a favourite which the chicks move onto really quickly.

It is a lot of work and I probably couldn't do it without our two kids helping me, but it is very rewarding. They are such sweet birds and they all have different personalities.

I am loving hearing about everyone's hobbies. 💗
I purchased some formula with the intention of hand-raising some budgies but it just looks like too much work :thmy parents do such a good job and some of the babies are really friendly and sweet when they first fledge, I’ve found that to be good time to rehome if someone wants as pet. My SIL actually took my favorite baby home Thanksgiving

I can definitely see your point!!! I grew up on a farm and my mom was a homemaker and the general consensus was that if you had time and energy for hobbies, you must not be working hard enough! :th
You know months ago we decided we would try to make hand towels. We'll I got as far as washing the material. I haven't had time to make it square after it shrunk. Seems something is always coming up. I thought fall would be the best time. I guess not.

Rock collecting! I love the experience of finding a really awesome rock, and how fascinating some are!
these are some of the ones I’ve found:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The brown shiny thing below is glass, I didn’t see it there.
image.jpg
image.jpg

There’s a lot more but it would take forever to take pictures of them all.

I purchased some formula with the intention of hand-raising some budgies but it just looks like too much work :thmy parents do such a good job and some of the babies are really friendly and sweet when they first fledge, I’ve found that to be good time to rehome if someone wants as pet. My SIL actually took my favorite baby home Thanksgiving
I try to leave my cockatiel pairs with a baby to raise but even though we handle them a lot they just aren't as loving as the hand reared ones.

It must be so tempting to keep budgie babies because they come in such a gorgeous variety of colours. I'm sure that would be even harder if you were hand rearing them! I'm glad cockatiels don't have too many mutations.

I try to leave my cockatiel pairs with a baby to raise but even though we handle them a lot they just aren't as loving as the hand reared ones.

It must be so tempting to keep budgie babies because they come in such a gorgeous variety of colours. I'm sure that would be even harder if you were hand rearing them! I'm glad cockatiels don't have too many mutations.
Yes it is a bit difficult because of the variety of colors and personalities. The Halloween clutch was the first successful hatch with yellow! I managed to get 1 yellow-face, a lutino (who went to SIL) and another albino (I have 4 albinos now)

Back
Top Bottom