Ended Official BYC Mini Contest #7 - Gingerbread Coop Contest 2017

So my husband and daughter made a ginger bread, um, house/mess last night, my daughter (4) even made me a barn, and my chicken coop did not fare well BUT I will share pics once I am at a computer

So my husband and daughter made a ginger bread, um, house/mess last night, my daughter (4) even made me a barn, and my chicken coop did not fare well BUT I will share pics once I am at a computer
ya.gif

I want to see pictures!

Bet they had a good time
lol.png

Oh my ! they made a huge mess (that I had to clean up) and I was stuck making dinner but I think they had fun, my husband wants to add decorations to it but we ran out of frosting

After a slight delay, I got my gingerbread chickens baked last night! Um, did you ever try to make gingerbread chickens? The outlines looked so clear and sharp..beaks, feets, bodies and heads. Then when you bake 'em, they sorta ooze into different shapes than what was on the cookie sheets. Baked 36 of them and only 8 are recognizable as chickens. I ain't sure what a few of the others became when they grew up but they ain't chickens. With any luck the icing and decorations will restore them to their chicken-like state!

After a slight delay, I got my gingerbread chickens baked last night! Um, did you ever try to make gingerbread chickens? The outlines looked so clear and sharp..beaks, feets, bodies and heads. Then when you bake 'em, they sorta ooze into different shapes than what was on the cookie sheets. Baked 36 of them and only 8 are recognizable as chickens. I ain't sure what a few of the others became when they grew up but they ain't chickens. With any luck the icing and decorations will restore them to their chicken-like state!

They look tasty Blooie, bet they'll turn out cute with the frosting!

Ok, got my g-bread barn kit opened up. One of the icing packages (the black colored one) is missing and the walls are warped like crazy, lol. But, the 4 walls are up and holding so far!

Since we don't plan on eating any of it, I used craft glue to do the walls...hoping that dries and holds better than royal icing.

To be continued.....

The one on the right looks broody to me, LOL.

You could consider a double entry...GB Coop and also enter them in the decorated chicken cookies..
wee.gif

I baked my gingerbread house this afternoon and for the first time did some roll out dough for a nest box - and nothing broke....yet
ya.gif

And got gum paste stuff mixed and ready to try....hmmmm...something different
bun.gif
And if time is on my side a real new adventure....
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom