Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest - Fancy Feathered Fellas Photo Contest

daynedoe

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Apr 27, 2017
Oklahoma
WOOOW!:love😍 I have heard some of the meat turkeys get so big their legs give out, is that one of them? I lost a BIG rooster due to leg issues, they gave out later on in life.
Nope! He's a heritage Red Bourbon! He weighs a little bit but I haven't noticed any issues with him lately, he just knows how to show off and make himself look huge!

daynedoe

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Apr 27, 2017
Oklahoma
Bred him yet?
Yeah! He's got 2 daughters that I kept (They're the dark grayish-brown hen and the bronze hen in the flock contest photos) and he's had a couple others I've had to rehome because they were toms/just didn't want to add any to the flock at the time. All of the ones I've seen pictures of afterwards turned out gorgeous, though, especially his first son who I had named Beef before I gave him to a friend of ours, lol!

CrazyCochin

The count's off. There's a "soul" missing.
Premium Feather Member
May 21, 2019
Washington State, aka The pacific NorthWest
Yeah! He's got 2 daughters that I kept (They're the dark grayish-brown hen and the bronze hen in the flock contest photos) and he's had a couple others I've had to rehome because they were toms/just didn't want to add any to the flock at the time. All of the ones I've seen pictures of afterwards turned out gorgeous, though, especially his first son who I had named Beef before I gave him to a friend of ours, lol!
I love him, do you have more pics?!

Top Bottom