Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest - Fancy Feathered Fellas Photo Contest

Pics
My hooded merganser drake!!
F3C0F6CD-2AF4-468A-826C-BFAF563B1192.jpeg

WOOOW!:love😍 I have heard some of the meat turkeys get so big their legs give out, is that one of them? I lost a BIG rooster due to leg issues, they gave out later on in life.
Nope! He's a heritage Red Bourbon! He weighs a little bit but I haven't noticed any issues with him lately, he just knows how to show off and make himself look huge!

Bred him yet?
Yeah! He's got 2 daughters that I kept (They're the dark grayish-brown hen and the bronze hen in the flock contest photos) and he's had a couple others I've had to rehome because they were toms/just didn't want to add any to the flock at the time. All of the ones I've seen pictures of afterwards turned out gorgeous, though, especially his first son who I had named Beef before I gave him to a friend of ours, lol!

Yeah! He's got 2 daughters that I kept (They're the dark grayish-brown hen and the bronze hen in the flock contest photos) and he's had a couple others I've had to rehome because they were toms/just didn't want to add any to the flock at the time. All of the ones I've seen pictures of afterwards turned out gorgeous, though, especially his first son who I had named Beef before I gave him to a friend of ours, lol!
I love him, do you have more pics?!

Back
Top Bottom