Ended Official BYC Mini Contest - Handmade Holiday Decorations

Last Entry (#2) - All our animal friends get their own ornaments. Since Tater and Tot only came to us this year, it was time they got theirs made. Painted with acrylic on Poplar wood slice.

That's such a lovely idea. I recently started watercolour on wood slice. I will add a picture as one of my entries.

Entry #1
Christmas Wreath. It is rattan wreath sprayed with glitter. With Crocheted holly leaves, berries and a beautiful robin as a centre piece. I also sell the robins as a hanging bauble.
20191028_134937[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking of more things I could make...

Here's an idea you could maybe modify to make it more "Christmassy". I Mod Podged some chicken pictures to a glass jar. Bet you could do something similar with a glass ornament (or maybe plastic ornament).
DSC01041.jpg

Blown eggs can be very pretty ornaments with a bit of paint or other decorative trim.

Salt dough ornaments are fun to make and not hard. Recipes for the dough are on the web then you can shape it or use a cookie cutter to cut poultry shapes. Those can be painted too.

Felt is easy enough to work with and requires little to no sewing.

And clay can be used for any number of decorative items. There are a lot of colors of moldable clay available.

Just look around your house, see what you have and use your imagination!

Back
Top Bottom