Ended Official BYC Mini Contest - Handmade Holiday Decorations

Pics

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
Holiday Decor 5.jpg

Are you crafty and like making your own holiday decorations? Be it an ornament, or a Christmas tree hanging, we would love to see it!​

Rules and how to enter:

* All entries must be submitted as a reply to this thread
* Only 2 pictures per member—each constituting one entry—will be accepted (one post please)
* The picture needs to be taken by you and within the last year
* No fake editing, photoshopping or captions please
* Have fun!

Prizes:

There will be 5 winners and each will receive a copy of our beautiful BYC 2020 Calendar!

We will be accepting entries until and including 9 December 2019.

Thank you! Kiki posted pictures of beaded angel ornaments that her Granny made for her years ago. They were so pretty and unique.
So intrigued, I had to play with my beads until I figured out how to make one of each. Now I'm making Christmas Angels for my grandchildren.
Here is what I've finished so far...the top ones are wire and beads while the bottom ones are beads, safety pins and wire.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
DH and I made the pallet trees last year. This past fall, I painted them. My blank canvas needed something. DH bought a band saw, and stars were my first project. The other day, I thought it looked a little dull, so of course, I needed chickens! I sketched them, transferred image to my wood, then cut, painted, and jazzed them up with fleece scarves ... I wonder if I can figure out how to do sun hats for the summer months. :)

P.S. Painted them to resemble my two adorable, too-sweet Buff Orpingtons.

20191202_201859.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom