Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest - What’s Your Hobby

Pics
Aww, I'm not even a cat person but they're all super cute! I especially like the little curly ones and I swear Whippoorwill's I'm Your Huckleberry, looks like Dobby from Harry Potter. lol
Yes, that extreme look is intentional. The European standard Orientals are bred to have much more exaggerated characteristics.

NOT AN ENTRY
another hobby of mine is crafting in general, more specifically, indian beading with a loom. I wanted to finish this lady project before I took a picture. On the left is the first one I ever did, in the middle is a hair clip I did a year or so ago, and on the right is one I finished yesterday. I wish I could find better quality beads, but I make do. Can anyone guess what sports team the first keychain is for?
IMG_20201203_205352049.jpg

full

This contest is brought to you by our BYC Sponsors
(click to view & support them)

Welcome to the Official BYC Mini-Contest
What's Your Hobby?

This is a RANDOM Winner Contest...

We want to know what you love! Whether you're lucky enough to have a hobby that pays the bills, or it's something you enjoy doing in your free time, tell us all about it! What are your creative and artistic pursuits? Do you collect something special? Did you need to buy an external hard drive to store all of the pictures you take? Share with us what hobbies you enjoy most!

It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread with up to 3 of your hobbies and you will be entered for a chance to win 1 of 5 (that's right, FIVE) BYC 2021 Calendars!

The rules:
  1. All entries must be submitted as replies to this thread.
  2. Three hobby entries per member, PLEASE NUMBER YOUR ENTRIES!
  3. One hobby per post, please.
  4. Please add a short description with your IMAGES IN YOUR POSTS, examples....
    What is it that you love about this hobby?
    When do you do the Hobby?
    What sacrifices do you make to be able to practice your hobby?
    Are you an amateur? An adept? An expert?
    Are you lucky enough that this hobby is part of your job/income?
    These are just examples of how to create your post, you don´t have to talk about all of them and you can add other things you want, those are just a few guidelines in case you don’t know how to make your post!
  5. ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  6. Open to all BYC members.
  7. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  8. Entries will be accepted until December 14th at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.

So enter up to three HOBBIES for a chance to win 1 of 5 (that's right, FIVE) 2021 BYC Calendars!
Note: We will use a random number generator to select our winners for this Contest.

Prizes
There will be 5 winners and each will receive a copy of the beautiful BYC 2021 Calendar!

Last year's What is Your Hobby? contest winners below.

Check out the rest of the contests here:
Official BYC Mini-Contest Series - Win one of Fifty (50) BYC 2021 Calendars!

If you would like to purchase a beautiful BYC 2021 Calendar, see this thread: 2021 Calendars are here! Free US Shipping!
First off, what an amazing group of talented people on BYC!! Wonderful to see what everyone loves doing alongside poultry! My hobby is Horticulture! I have always loved growing plants. Mostly outside so my hobby is mostly spring,summer and fall. I grow a vegetable garden as well as flower beds on my acreage. One year for Christmas, my husband bought me an online course at a local college. That really got me going. I did two courses a year in the winter months and 5 years later have a certificate in Arboriculture and Landscape Design. I don't work in the field yet, but wish to someday. I have enclosed pics of my garden. Thank you! Good luck everyone and keep having fun!
MVIMG_20201008_153737.jpg
MVIMG_20200819_134512.jpg
MVIMG_20200726_164443.jpg
MVIMG_20200705_165207.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200414152613448_COVER.jpg
MVIMG_20200725_121500.jpg
MVIMG_20200818_183001.jpg

I would say that another one of my hobbies is cross-stitching, I mean I have an entire container full of cross-stitching material. But I refuse to go back to cross-stitching after I tried 4 projects and never had enough thread. Even when I was careful not to waste any. These companies always skimp out on the thread. :mad:

Does anybody cross-stitch successfully? Please tell me how you do it. :pop
I don't use premade products, or if I really like a picture I will look to see how many colors it needs and pick out my own threads. Anything that gives you precut thread makes me nervous!

Very helpful information! Been hinting at needing miniature cattle for a while. Well over 365 days of daily hinting actually. Stalls and pastures are just going to waste... and the fact that they don’t eat much is great! What about milk production if you’re wanting small amounts for butter, cream etc?

Has me thinking twice about getting the miniature Jerseys that are close by. Will have to look for Zebus locally and see what pops up.
Well we don’t milk ours but I know people who do and you dont get a ton. If you want lots then a jersey is the way to go but if you want a little here and there then zebu work.

Hobby #1 - Collecting Stickers from everywhere and anyone.
I have always loved collecting stickers since I was little. My dad would let me get 1 from the quarter machine any time we were out and about together.
Fast forward, I let my kids put stickers on their stuff; eventually they started putting them inside back window of my car but that became a blind spot so I had to put my foot down! Then one day, my oldest son got a sticker from school and immediately pasted it on the outside of my car, without hesitation he was too excited to tell me why he got the sticker 🤦‍♀️
Considering my car is already salvaged (and paid off), I decided to allow it and it escalated from there. Over time, random people from anywhere I was (gas station down the street or even out of town) started giving me free stickers.
View attachment 2422102
This is just one side of my car... there's plenty more on the other side. Can you spot my BYC stickers?

I am going to 👀

Mobile has 2 parks on Mobile Bay 1 has a fishing pier and the other a boat ramp
And 1 park on Dog River that has a boat ramp
Also we have a causeway that crosses the bay with places to park
I go several times a month (used to go several times a week) weather permitting and watch pelicans and seagulls dive to get fish or just dive to float
Watch fish jump in the water
And see alligators (once in summer 2019) I saw 3 on the same visit

(not an entry)

and read

First off, what an amazing group of talented people on BYC!! Wonderful to see what everyone loves doing alongside poultry! My hobby is Horticulture! I have always loved growing plants. Mostly outside so my hobby is mostly spring,summer and fall. I grow a vegetable garden as well as flower beds on my acreage. One year for Christmas, my husband bought me an online course at a local college. That really got me going. I did two courses a year in the winter months and 5 years later have a certificate in Arboriculture and Landscape Design. I don't work in the field yet, but wish to someday. I have enclosed pics of my garden. Thank you! Good luck everyone and keep having fun!
Lovely garden. I am jealous. I have said it before and I think most think I’m kidding, but I have a black thumb. I absolutely cannot grow or garden anything except lilies. My husband, @mississippifarmboy will tell you, I have planted 100 foot rows in the garden with him, and the seeds he planted came up, and the ones I did, did not. I once picked an apple off his apple tree and 3 days later the entire tree was dead. :barnie

so I greatly admire you folks who can grow the beautiful things. I am not one.:bow

Lovely garden. I am jealous. I have said it before and I think most think I’m kidding, but I have a black thumb. I absolutely cannot grow or garden anything except lilies. My husband, @mississippifarmboy will tell you, I have planted 100 foot rows in the garden with him, and the seeds he planted came up, and the ones I did, did not. I once picked an apple off his apple tree and 3 days later the entire tree was dead. :barnie

so I greatly admire you folks who can grow the beautiful things. I am not one.:bow
Omgoodness you killed an apple tree?!

Back
Top Bottom