Official BYC Poll: How Do You Keep Your Chickens Happy?

How Do You Keep Your Chickens Happy?

• Feed them excellent food

Votes: 201 67.0%
  • Let them free range

Votes: 198 66.0%
  • Clean the coop every day

Votes: 73 24.3%
  • Give them at least twice the space they need

Votes: 137 45.7%
  • Feed them supplements

Votes: 61 20.3%
  • Play music for them

Votes: 27 9.0%
  • Provide them with toys

Votes: 79 26.3%
  • Feed them their favorite treats

Votes: 218 72.7%
  • Spend time with them

Votes: 239 79.7%
  • Other (please elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 24 8.0%
  • I talk to them

Votes: 212 70.7%
  • I sing to them

Votes: 32 10.7%

• Total voters
My little one discovered the joys of a fuzzy blanket. He will scratch the protective cover off of my blanket and snuggle in it🥰

Attachments

• 9D91ABD6-F5AA-453D-825B-E60E6D7214F4.jpeg
    9D91ABD6-F5AA-453D-825B-E60E6D7214F4.jpeg
    244.3 KB · Views: 15
Free range is tied with spending time with the chickens for us at Snowflake Farm. This is our head hen Chanel, as you can see she likes to visit with me when we are outside. Life is so much better with chickens in it...can't imagine why we wanted so long to do it.
Wow, I have a Chanel too lol, here's mine, she was a good broody mama this spring, raising 3 chicks that were not even hers. She was a rescue 2 yrs ago from nasty conditions, not sure how old she is, but she's a sweetheart.

Attachments

• 1601489388046_image.png
    1601489388046_image.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
Keeping chickens happy is important when raising them and is a lot like keeping ourselves happy. Things that make us happy are having fresh food and water available, being surrounded by our loved ones, having freedom, playing games and sports and of course, having a home to live in. Chickens are the same way. So, if you think that keeping chickens happy requires lots of extra effort, you’re wrong. They really only need the basics to stay happy and healthy.

So how do you keep your chickens happy? Place your vote above.

View attachment 2392456

(Check out more Official BYC Polls HERE!)

I love all animals &
hug cuddle and kiss every dog cat ferret chicken horse cow goat sheep pig bird snake hamster guineapig gerbil rabbit and even pet mice and rats from the pet store and possibly other animals also
that will let me 🤣

Could you add hugging cuddling and kissing ?

I talk to them a lot... from 'good morning' to how pretty they are. I do believe they enjoy that I do talk to them. :confused:
I totally agree...they may not understand the words, but they can hear your tone and emotion. Some of my chickens will sit beside me, or on my lap, to listen and watch my face. They're much more intelligent than we give them credit for!!

I clean the coop and run daily. I treat them with dried mealy worms. I've hung a black metal openwork basket (of the type you would line with dried moss and plant flowers in) in the run. Sometimes I hang a cabbage or some kale in there for them to play with. I sing "Good Night Ladies" to them when I close the coop for the night and they coo along with me.

Back
Top Bottom