Official BYC Poll: How do you name your pet chickens?

How do you name your pet chickens?

• We don’t name our chickens!

Votes: 33 7.2%
  • We let the kids name them.

Votes: 77 16.8%
  • We give them old-fashioned names (Flora, Prissy, Hazel, etc.).

Votes: 81 17.7%
  • We start their names with the same letter (Bailey, Barb, Beatrice, etc.).

Votes: 11 2.4%
  • We name them by personality (Sassy, Gabby, Bossy, etc.).

Votes: 112 24.5%
  • We name them after food (Peanut, Nugget, etc.).

Votes: 78 17.1%
  • We don’t have a special system.

Votes: 162 35.4%
  • We name them by appearance (Red, Fluffy, Lavender, etc.).

Votes: 145 31.7%
  • Other (elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 150 32.8%

• Total voters
Pics
I name mine whatever comes to mind. But I love giving them cute old fashioned names or musical names. For instance: Christine, Flora Belle, Silvia, Winifred, Jean Val Jean, and Peggy (get it like Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy haha? No...ok). And of course some classics like Pipsqueak and Oreo. And my kids name some like Nugget and Shazam.
I like Jean val Jean :lau

I name mine whatever comes to mind. But I love giving them cute old fashioned names or musical names. For instance: Christine, Flora Belle, Silvia, Winifred, Jean Val Jean, and Peggy (get it like Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy haha? No...ok). And of course some classics like Pipsqueak and Oreo. And my kids name some like Nugget and Shazam.
And I have some historical ones like Amelia Earhart(the first chick to try to fly) and Daniella Boone (the first chick to explore the brooder)

I name them names I like that seem to suit them. My neighbor named my BO Buffy, my niece named one of the EEs Zelda. The rest I named, Siobhan and Sinead the Australorps, Mauve and Prudence the BRs, Wynona the GLW, Aileen EE, Bernadette the cuckoo Marans, and Snooki the JG.

Every batch of chickens have a naming theme.

Most recently it was 'ice cream flavors' for hatched chickens, and 'similar to ice cream' for ones I ordered (Frozen Custard, Shaved Ice, etc.).

So all the chickens with a similar name are of a similar age, but they're also kind of like siblings (even if they're not)

Back
Top Bottom