Official BYC Poll: How Long Have You Been Raising Chickens?

How long have you been raising chickens?

• Under 6 months

Votes: 89 6.3%
  • 6 Months - 1 Year

Votes: 175 12.4%
  • 1 Year

Votes: 66 4.7%
  • 2 Years

Votes: 127 9.0%
  • 3 Years

Votes: 122 8.6%
  • 4 Years

Votes: 110 7.8%
  • 5 Years

Votes: 76 5.4%
  • 6 Years

Votes: 86 6.1%
  • 7 Years

Votes: 59 4.2%
  • 8 Years

Votes: 47 3.3%
  • 9 Years

Votes: 48 3.4%
  • 10 Years

Votes: 68 4.8%
  • 11 - 20 Years

Votes: 180 12.7%
  • 21 - 50 Years

Votes: 108 7.6%
  • 51 - 75 Years

Votes: 24 1.7%
  • 75 Years and over

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • No chickens yet, but hopefully soon!

Votes: 28 2.0%

• Total voters
Pics
Here are some of my 11 month old chooks I hatched out from eggs. Australorp crosses. Some of them there mother was Isa Brown and there father Australorp x rooster.and others mother was a blue pure Australorp hen and same Australorp x rooster not sure with what though. But hey they laying some nice big eggs these days.

Attachments

• IMG_20200215_184013.jpg
    IMG_20200215_184013.jpg
    876.2 KB · Views: 7
what breed is a white rock. I've got some pure Rhode Island red pullets bout 10 weeks old atm
Red sex links(usually called isa browns, golden comets, etc) are birds that are mainly produced for egg laying in the US, don't know if they are available in the Australia. If you want to make a red sex link you need a Rhode island red rooster and a White Plymouth Rock hen, don't know if Plymouth rocks are available is Australia

Here are some of my 11 month old chooks I hatched out from eggs. Australorp crosses. Some of them there mother was Isa Brown and there father Australorp x rooster.and others mother was a blue pure Australorp hen and same Australorp x rooster not sure with what though. But hey they laying some nice big eggs these days.
This rooster looks like a red sex link

Red sex links(usually called isa browns, golden comets, etc) are birds that are mainly produced for egg laying in the US, don't know if they are available in the Australia. If you want to make a red sex link you need a Rhode island red rooster and a White Plymouth Rock hen, don't know if Plymouth rocks are available is Australia
Yeah isa browns are in Australia. And Plymouth rocks. Not sure on the white colour. That rooster I got his mother is a isa brown. When he hatched he was nearly all white same as his brother. I have his brother he's still growing.he's way bigger.he hasn't matured yet

Back
Top Bottom