Official BYC Poll: How many chickens do you have?

How many chickens do you have?

• 1 - 3

Votes: 167 6.7%
  • 4 - 5

Votes: 328 13.1%
  • 6 - 8

Votes: 438 17.5%
  • 9 - 15

Votes: 552 22.1%
  • 16 - 25

Votes: 433 17.3%
  • 26 - 50

Votes: 357 14.3%
  • 51 - 100

Votes: 143 5.7%
  • 101 +

Votes: 81 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Me too! 55 chickens and 11 ducks. And I spent a good amount of time today giving them all treats and just getting a KICK out of how pekins wiggle their butt feathers. It is SOOOO stinkin cute!!!

127 - That is counting adults, starteds, chicks, and the retirees that are pets.

That will be below 100 before winter sets in, most likely around 90.

Matt

We have twelve: 1 white leghorn, 1 GLW, 1 SLW; 5 cochins (2 white, 2 barred, 1 partridge); 2 Delawares; 2 Welsummers ....
D.gif

.... pluse 6 guinea pigs
smile.png

I am also a 51-100
Closer to the 50 something mark as adult birds. Don't count chicks as they sell quickly.
Hens command a better price though.
cool.png

Ordered some Reds from Italy. It was to be 50 roos got one hen. Now the problem is to keep the 49 from my one hen. She is house separate, aloud one roo in her pen during the day.Oh yes her favorite , she doesn't want any other. Guess the question is , do chickens mate for life? Everytime another roo gets in her pen, she climbs up ontop of the coup to get away from him. Is the normal? does she know the difference. Seems she does to me.
Have a good winter people. Fall is setting in on this side of the world and fall is at our door . The rainy season is here and we have had 6 inches in just 3 days. Weather is acting strange, but the roos are being their own crazy selves. Well at least the wood pile is getting washed. Seems it is there favorite spot after a long day of running loose and chasing bugs.How fat should you let these guys get? Well happy winter, chicken lovers.

I have 23 chickens who are named, sleep in coops, and free range daily. Then there are the 19 chicks from 2 days old to 5 weeks old, in three separate brooders. DANG.

But I don't have a problem or anything like that.

We have 59 chickens which include 5 roosters and three newly hatched chicks. After being given two "starter hens" from a friend about 4 years ago, we thought that we would only want 15-20 hens, but once we began selling eggs, the demand was so great that we ordered more chicks last Spring. We have also adopted hens from various sources. Our birds free range during the day and are safely closed in a small barn at night. Five roosters is too many for our flock and we are hoping to rehome two of them.

Just re-homed two unwanted roosters and was given a couple of adorable hens, a Little black Cochin Bantam and a Barred Rock/Polish cross (we think) who should start laying by the end of this month.
smile.png
A grand total of six hens in my little coop, with plans to expand in the Spring, building a new coop for 10-12 hens. We love our chickens! www.chickswithchicksinwestport.blogspot.com

about 50 or 60

some silkies a few frizzles some mixed up chikens and my barred rocks but next week some barred rock roosters will be fryers
want to get a few more silkies

i have about 16 guineas that i bought as day old

and 2 ducks and 8 old fart geese i have had for well over 15years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom