Official BYC Poll: How many chickens do you have?

How many chickens do you have?

• 1 - 3

Votes: 167 6.7%
  • 4 - 5

Votes: 328 13.1%
  • 6 - 8

Votes: 438 17.5%
  • 9 - 15

Votes: 552 22.1%
  • 16 - 25

Votes: 433 17.3%
  • 26 - 50

Votes: 357 14.3%
  • 51 - 100

Votes: 143 5.7%
  • 101 +

Votes: 81 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably would have been fine to put them together a few months ago. I usually introduce the new chickens at about 18 weeks old or when the younger ones are close to the same sizeas the older ones. If you are putting all the roosters together in the same pen earlier would have been better since the younger ones wouldn't challenge the older one as much. I would integrate soon and watch all those roosters, 3 roosters to 9 hens is a possibly a bit much

Okay thank you for your advice!
big_smile.png

I wish I could take my guess back cause the number of my chickens always changing.
wink.png

not as of yet but is in my plans with my americaunnas and the silkie chicks i have.... but it will be a while on those . i am awaiting my first eggs from the americaunnas

As I was adding up numbers by breed and coop, (don't forget the 7 chicks that hatched Monday...) I was rather shocked that there are 51. I really need to sell off some cockerels, then some hens when they reach point of lay which should be in about 4-6 weeks. Of course, I have eggs coming in November so I guess I am only kidding myself that I might "one day" have less than the 40 - 50 which seems to be my new norm. *sigh* is it best to embrace the addiction or deny it????
idunno.gif

We have 1 Australorp, 6 Buff Orpingtons, 4 Leghorns, 2 Lavender Orpingtons, 4 New Hampshires, with 4 Light Brahmas coming next week....was it only 3months ago that my husband suggested we get a few chickens?
goodpost.gif
Too funny! I want to know how many you have next summer!

BTW, I grew up in Cathlamet, across the river and east of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom