Official BYC Poll: How many chickens do you have?

How many chickens do you have?

• 1 - 3

Votes: 167 6.7%
  • 4 - 5

Votes: 328 13.1%
  • 6 - 8

Votes: 438 17.5%
  • 9 - 15

Votes: 552 22.1%
  • 16 - 25

Votes: 433 17.3%
  • 26 - 50

Votes: 357 14.3%
  • 51 - 100

Votes: 143 5.7%
  • 101 +

Votes: 81 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 1 Australorp, 6 Buff Orpingtons, 4 Leghorns, 2 Lavender Orpingtons, 4 New Hampshires, with 4 Light Brahmas coming next week....was it only 3months ago that my husband suggested we get a few chickens?

Have 4 New Hampshires , 2 RIR , 1 white rock and 1 white leghorn. If I had more room I would get more , like the variety of choices.

My 40- 50? I just traded 2 Jersey Pullets for a Rhode Island Red 12 week old cockerel. We want our older egg layers to have company, they are slowing down on egg laying and we want to avoid the winter molt with a fresh batch of birds.

I have 12 chickens 4 red sex links(plus the rooster) 2 black sex links 4 easter eggers (plus the rooster) and 2 barred rocks(plus a rooster).

the only reason i have 3 roosters is because because we order the 1 rooster at TSC. and we didn't know when we went to went more chicks that we order 2 more roosters. but i am glad to have them!
big_smile.png

But now you have have to hear 3 types of crows a day.
gig.gif

do any of you know how to start introducing flocks to each other???

I have 6 chickens on both side of the fence and the chickens wire separates them so when should i open it up??

one side is 1 year old and the other side is 6 months old what would be the best time???

do any of you know how to start introducing flocks to each other???

I have 6 chickens on both side of the fence and the chickens wire separates them so when should i open it up??

one side is 1 year old and the other side is 6 months old what would be the best time???
They probably would have been fine to put them together a few months ago. I usually introduce the new chickens at about 18 weeks old or when the younger ones are close to the same sizeas the older ones. If you are putting all the roosters together in the same pen earlier would have been better since the younger ones wouldn't challenge the older one as much. I would integrate soon and watch all those roosters, 3 roosters to 9 hens is a possibly a bit much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom