Official BYC Poll: How many chickens do you have?

How many chickens do you have?

• 1 - 3

Votes: 167 6.7%
  • 4 - 5

Votes: 328 13.1%
  • 6 - 8

Votes: 438 17.5%
  • 9 - 15

Votes: 552 22.1%
  • 16 - 25

Votes: 433 17.3%
  • 26 - 50

Votes: 357 14.3%
  • 51 - 100

Votes: 143 5.7%
  • 101 +

Votes: 81 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

I have 28 chickens at the moment. 6 of which are Roosters(4 have a permanent home with us)

I also have 29 day old Cornish cross chicks.

17 here
5 that were 1 in May
8 that were born in May
and we just added 4 more born about 4 days ago :)

I have 5 hens 1 rooster. And 1 mallard drake who has made his home in my nesting boxes! We named him Chuck the chicken-duck. I was able to catch him the other day. I then through him up in the air so that he would fly away. He did a complete nose dive and ran straight back into my coop.

I feel bad for him... He watches the hens lay eggs and sing the egg song after. So he sits in the nesting boxes trying to lay an egg. Every so often he will stand up and check for and egg.
fl.gif
He never finds one...

Last edited:
I have 5 hens 1 rooster. And 1 mallard drake who has made his home in my nesting boxes! We named him Chuck the chicken-duck. I was able to catch him the other day. I then through him up in the air so that he would fly away. He did a complete nose dive and ran straight back into my coop.

I feel bad for him... He watches the hens lay eggs and sing the egg song after. So he sits in the nesting boxes trying to lay an egg. Every so often he will stand up and check for and egg.
fl.gif
He never finds one...
Poor Chuck! Sounds like he needs a girl-friend or a few plastic eggs to raise his ego!
tongue.png

I'm one of those 51-100 nuts. /img/smilies/lol.png

Wouldn't want it past 120 though. . . .
I have 55 as well! & 11 turkeys. But we're processing 5 in a few weeks & 24 in early December. I'd totally go for 100++, but the hubby isn't going for it...yet...

We have 12...2 each of light brahmas, buff orpingtons, jersey giants and speckled sussex, they are 4 months now and we have 2 rir and 2 australopes that r 6 weeks....i so wanted more but then my husband would have to make an addition to the very lovely new coop he just built(so not going to happen lol)
D.gif
i am completely addicted....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom