• Skunk

Votes: 26 0.9%
  • Rats

Votes: 56 2.0%
  • Cats

Votes: 52 1.9%

• Total voters
Pics
Opa-Thanks for the info. I also got some info from an article posted by permission. What is your take on the use of Penicillin G Procaine shots and something called Poultry Drench? She also mentioned adding yogurt or vitimine E to the feed as well as the electrolyte to the water. I am OK with all but the shots, not sure about that? What do you think?

I occasionally will inject penicillin G. I also use Poultry Drench not only for injured birds but for any bird that I feel has been stressed. Additionally the first water I give new chicks is fortified with Poultry Drench.

I'm a big believer in probiotics. Rather that occasionally giving my birds yogurt, I top dress their feed with probiotic power and often add it to their water as well.

Thanks again Opa. I will try all but the shots for now. If I smell infection I guess I will cross that bridge when/if I come to it.
smile.png

Quote:
Oh, no! Raccoon are terrible chicken killers. They're smart, they can open latches, and they're very strong. Fear the raccoon.

Thought they were just egg thieves. Hmmm. Funny I used to feed the raccoons that were living on my roof while I was still on the mainland. They made the squirrels and mice go away
tongue.png

I voted dog. Not the smartest or craftiest predator out there but are awful if they ever do get into a pen because they will kill every one they can for fun. I was shocked to see how low fox scored. I have one I'm after now and have lost seven birds in the last two weeks. Had a box trap out for a week now and have caught cats(my wifes) the same guinea twice and a couple other chickens that went in to see why the bantam stayed in the back of the new cage. Fox has worked the trap about every night trying to dig under it but refuses to walk in. Guess I'll have to pen the cats and keep the dogs inside long enough to get him in a leg hold. Racoons are bad but they haven't figured out that the dogs are on chains. The fox took one hen from about 10 foot from there the dog can reach.

Back
Top Bottom