Votes: 58 2.1%
  • Skunk

Votes: 26 0.9%
  • Rats

Votes: 56 2.0%
  • Cats

Votes: 52 1.9%

• Total voters
Update on Tegu Coop (that’s what I call it, it was originally for chickens)
D3C1B5A0-1A27-4C73-864B-68B1AAC242DB.jpeg

Five of our hens were killed in our backyard yesterday morning, clearly chased down in quick succession and bit in the lower back all across the yard. The fifth was killed or at least captured in the coop at the back of the yard, and the predator made off with it, back to the street. I suspect a dog, or dogs. My daughter, 11, had been outside with the chickens, then came inside for a little while. When she came back out she found their dead bodies all over the yard. Two survived by flying over the fence into a neighbor’s yard.

I’m very glad your girl was inside! I hope you find those dogs, and if domestic, find the owners and have a chat.
Five of our hens were killed in our backyard yesterday morning, clearly chased down in quick succession and bit in the lower back all across the yard. The fifth was killed or at least captured in the coop at the back of the yard, and the predator made off with it, back to the street. I suspect a dog, or dogs. My daughter, 11, had been outside with the chickens, then came inside for a little while. When she came back out she found their dead bodies all over the yard. Two survived by flying over the fence into a neighbor’s yard.

Coyotes & hawks tied for 1st. Got my babies a 6' fence now. Working on hawks.

I don't wanna get all Captain Buzz-Kill here but, Coyotes jump 6' fences and walls like they aren't even there. :thIt's really disturbing to witness.... but I have. Maaaany times. We even used to have a dog that was part coyote and she could do it too. Clear a 6' wooden privacy fence without even trying.

My cat after babysitting my 12 chickens for six months helping me heel them into coupe yowl to tell me when one was loose etc..well he's killed three now in 4 days didn't know till caught him with fourth and they are big birds.. No bodies I've found none but I had to beat him off my nh red... I'm so dumb so broken hearted please no negative comments this is hard enough he showed zero signs of aggression to those chicks since hatch.. I'm appalled and so sad...

Back
Top Bottom