Official BYC Poll: What Do You Do With Your Aggressive Roosters?

What Do You Do With Your Aggressive Roosters?

• I discipline/train them as adults

Votes: 74 22.8%
  • I train/tame them from young

Votes: 97 29.8%
  • I re-home/give them away

Votes: 81 24.9%
  • They end up in my pot

Votes: 134 41.2%
  • I've never had an aggressive rooster

Votes: 38 11.7%
  • I don't have/keep any roosters

Votes: 42 12.9%
  • Other (please elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 31 9.5%

• Total voters
Pics
Wow, so they'd had enough of him. My 4-month-old dom is already bossing the year-old hens (moms) around and he's about to get rehomed.
He was actually a gentleman to his ladies.

Should be the other way around, the hens should be bossing the young cockerel around.

I process any that start to grab my hand when when they're still little (My Cochin bantams this year seem to be really bad about that) and peck the males that start to get too comfortable nodding me around.

I'm all for keeping roosters, I have more than any same person would, but that also means if I suddenly have to process one, I lose out on just a few fertile eggs from one project as opposed to all my fertile eggs

I process any that start to grab my hand when when they're still little (My Cochin bantams this year seem to be really bad about that) and peck the males that start to get too comfortable nodding me around.

I'm all for keeping roosters, I have more than any same person would, but that also means if I suddenly have to process one, I lose out on just a few fertile eggs from one project as opposed to all my fertile eggs
What was the project?

Surprised you didn't want to add the longtail gene to the Cochins using your Phoenixes.
No, I toyed with that, but it would mess with the whole Cochin look. Was wanting to get Scotts Dumpies and make some munchkin pheonixes but the one public breeder that had them lost their whole flock so they're out of the question for a few years

No, I toyed with that, but it would mess with the whole Cochin look. Was wanting to get Scotts Dumpies and make some munchkin pheonixes but the one public breeder that had them lost their whole flock so they're out of the question for a few years
I was thinking the long tail would give the Cochin a similar appearance to the Ohiki, but with feathered feet.

Why not use Japanese Bantams?

Back
Top Bottom