Official BYC Poll: What Do You Do With Your Aggressive Roosters?

What Do You Do With Your Aggressive Roosters?

• I discipline/train them as adults

Votes: 74 22.8%
  • I train/tame them from young

Votes: 97 29.8%
  • I re-home/give them away

Votes: 81 24.9%
  • They end up in my pot

Votes: 134 41.2%
  • I've never had an aggressive rooster

Votes: 38 11.7%
  • I don't have/keep any roosters

Votes: 42 12.9%
  • Other (please elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 31 9.5%

• Total voters
Pics
Because they're bantams. Scotts Dumpies are standards, just like my pheonixes
I was thinking of the rarity.

They just have 2 different forms of Dwarfism.
Technically Japanese Bantams have 2 different forms of Dwarfism, one for their small size called Bantam Dwarfism, which a type of Sex-linked Dwarfism, & one that causes short legs. Still learning this kind of thing.

I tried so hard to keep my Roo “Trouble” ,but he just wouldn’t quit - ended up re homing him because I couldn’t bare to eat him - 😞- hubby named him when he was 3 days old & he lived up to his name ....

Attachments

• 1E7FEEA5-0CC4-4D25-AF35-9A71223145C0.jpeg
    1E7FEEA5-0CC4-4D25-AF35-9A71223145C0.jpeg
    793.2 KB · Views: 5
Male chickens (roosters) are naturally more aggressive than females, it's just the natural order of things. It is his job to defend his flock against threats from predators and other roosters that might be looking to mate with his hens. It's his responsibility to care for the flock and its needs and that includes mating with as many hens as possible to ensure the success of his flock. Roosters are wired to protect the hens.

While roosters are a beautiful (and loud) addition to every flock, fear of an aggressive rooster can make many people back down. So we have to ask: What Do You Do With Your Aggressive Roosters?

Feel free to place your vote and please elaborate in the comment section if you choose "Other".

View attachment 2664942

Further Reading:

(Check out more exciting Official BYC Polls HERE!)

First time chicken mom and I purchased 4 10 day old pullets 12 weeks ago, they had been sexed. This last week 3 of days them started crowing! Thankfully the Feed and Seed store took them back (I think they were Sunday lunch for the store owner and that is fine). I went to the other feed and seed store in town and purchased 3 9 week old pullets and so far everyone is getting along. Thankfully I have a large yard and they can free range🤗

Does this article go for Drakes too? I have a Drake that as been an absolute ass to the adolescent ducks and mama ducks. Everyone is missing feathers on their heads so I've separated him. I'd planned on making him dinner. But if there are others ways im interested, he is an absolutely beautiful Jumbo Pekin.

Back
Top Bottom