Official BYC Poll: What Do You Use Your Rooster/s For?

What Do You Use Your Rooster/s For?

• Breeding

Votes: 236 67.6%
  • Flock Protection

Votes: 252 72.2%
  • Showmanship

Votes: 37 10.6%
  • Harmony

Votes: 87 24.9%
  • Finding Treats for the Hens

Votes: 77 22.1%
  • As a Pet

Votes: 170 48.7%
  • For Exercise (by trying to catch them while they're roaming)

Votes: 19 5.4%
  • Alarm Clock

Votes: 47 13.5%
  • For Meat

Votes: 86 24.6%
  • Cheap Entertainment

Votes: 128 36.7%
  • Yard Ornaments

Votes: 128 36.7%
  • Other (please elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 26 7.4%

• Total voters
Pics

BYC Project Manager

BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Feb 22, 2009
There are a lot of different opinions on roosters. Some people hate them and think them the devil, some think that they're unintelligent, yet roosters can be really fun to be around and form an integral part of any flock. People keep them for a variety of reasons - do you?

What do you use your rooster/s for? Place your votes above (you may select more than one)

Feel free to share any other reasons you keep roosters in the comments section below.

official byc poll (21).png

Further Reading:

Understanding Your Rooster
Common Rooster Myths
Methods For Dealing With Roosters

(Check out more exciting Official BYC Polls HERE!)

I LOVE ROOSTERS!!!! :wee They're the best!! I love how they crow!! I love their crows so much that I crow too!!! Then they crow back! They're just wonderful creatures! Sadly on the hens side, I love roosters more than hens. I love them sooo much!!! Sadly I currently don't have enough hens right now to own a rooster, so I currently don't have a rooster. :hit:hit I crow for my hens, but they've never seen a rooster crow before, so they're confused. I have been able to communicate with my hens by using a rooster's alert call to warm them of danger (and what type of danger it is), and they've understood me and acted accordingly to my warning. I miss owning roosters. :hit:hit

I LOVE ROOSTERS!!!! :wee They're the best!! I love how they crow!! I love their crows so much that I crow too!!! Then they crow back! They're just wonderful creatures! Sadly on the hens side, I love roosters more than hens. I love them sooo much!!! Sadly I currently don't have enough hens right now to own a rooster, so I currently don't have a rooster. :hit:hit I crow for my hens, but they've never seen a rooster crow before, so they're confused. I have been able to communicate with my hens by using a rooster's alert call to warm them of danger (and what type of danger it is), and they've understood me and acted accordingly to my warning. I miss owning roosters. :hit:hit

So cool!

Back
Top Bottom