Official BYC Poll: What Poultry Are You Currently Raising?

What Poultry Are You Currently Raising?

• Chickens

Votes: 411 94.3%
  • Ducks

Votes: 125 28.7%
  • Quail

Votes: 58 13.3%
  • Turkey

Votes: 46 10.6%
  • Geese

Votes: 31 7.1%
  • Guinea Fowl

Votes: 32 7.3%
  • Peafowl

Votes: 19 4.4%
  • Pheasants

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Partridge

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Pigeons

Votes: 19 4.4%
  • Doves

Votes: 12 2.8%
  • Parrots

Votes: 26 6.0%
  • Canaries

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Swans

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Finches

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Ostriches

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rheas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emu

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Other (mention in comments)

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
Chickens and Royal Palm turkeys for me! Poults were an impulse buy, but absolutely head over heels about 'em. Total feather puppies!

I incubated some duck eggs and they were fun but alas, I knew I wasn't going to be able to keep up with their needs and decided to find the little waddlers happy wet homes they can live out their days, which in turn let me expand the dry run for the remaining flock!

20201009_134906.jpg

Started with ducks in eggs, bought chicks soon after they hatched.

Looked for turkeys all year this year with no luck. Bought turkey eggs which rotted in the mail and was meanwhile given guinea keets.

So want a few turkeys! Blue slate... sweetgrass... Narragansett maybe. Hopefully next year. :)

chickens for now will stick with them. Hubby already is talking about getting more chicks. He'll have to build on to our coop first.

Someone said February?? Can't resist looking in those brooder tubs at TSC and Farm & Family....This is gonna be hard not to go overboard. :oops::drool

For a lot of people, having just chickens just isn't enough. Most start off with chickens, then start getting into other, bigger (or smaller), types of poultry. Chickens are amazing, versatile, and generally get along just fine with other poultry.

So in this poll we're interested in finding out: What Poultry Are You Currently Raising?

Feel free to share your experiences and show off your poultry pictures in the comments section.

View attachment 2435164

By the way if you're thinking of introducing other poultry or livestock to your chickens, here are some good articles for further reading:
  1. Co-mingling Chickens With Other Farm Animals
  2. How To Keep Different Poultry Types Living Together in One Coop
(Check out more Official BYC Polls HERE!)
My Neighbor has 5 ostriches. weird

I have chickens, guineas, and ducks. They are all free range, but the chickens and guineas go in the coop at night.

Back
Top Bottom