Official BYC Poll: What type of incubator do you use?

What type of incubator do you use?

• Total voters
Do you incubate eggs?
What type of incubator do you use?

Please select an option or two on the poll above and comment below on what brand and model too, if store bought.

If you choose other please tell me exactly what kind you use and I will add it as an option.

View attachment 2326527

While you're at it why not show off your skills by entering our 2020 Home-Made Feeder, Waterer, Incubator, & Brooder Contest - And Win A Brand New Brinsea Brooder!

(Check out more Official BYC Polls HERE!)
Incuvue (x2) They're a little tricky to get set up (for me anyway) but have worked really well for me.

4 - Hovabator 1602s. Love them.
3 are circulated air with turners and I set a batch in one each week. The 4th is still air and I use it as a Hatcher.

ive used several types over the years and dont hatch eggs regularly .. in all instances from a styrofoam basic incubator, to forced air auto turner, to a homemade setup in a plastic tub with a thermometer and a shoplight i get about 80% hatch rate .. that said, turning eggs and setting temp and humidity manually is a chore, but not one i hate, just a chore .. the latest one i have is a little '12 egg' auto unit off ebay 'smartlife' , works without much fuss, only thing i 'dont like' about it is after the chick hatches and is wet its NOT warm enough for them .. i remove and put them in a box under a light and they go right to sleep like 'aaahhh' warmth lol .. attached is the new auto unit and next my box setup in a plastic tub, sitting on folded up wire with water in the bottom and a shoplight with a 60w incandecent for heat - i like that setup, hard to say which is better, again, hatch rate for me is about the same, so is health of the little guys ...

Attachments

• CIMG1639.JPG
    CIMG1639.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • CIMG1641.JPG
    CIMG1641.JPG
    1,005.5 KB · Views: 9
I have 2 of the janoel 12. They’re ok, they were within my price range and were available when I needed. And have a small footprint which is good for me, I lack a lot of horizontal space that the cats can’t get to! Haha. I have a silkie who I’m hoping to use for next season, she’s already broody and she just started laying a couple of weeks ago. She currently has 5 chicks I gave her to raise and so far so good. 👍

Back
Top Bottom