Official BYC Poll: What type of incubator do you use?

What type of incubator do you use?

• Total voters
I’ve only hatched once and I used a Little Giant still air. Horrible experience, would not recommend or use still air ever again! I had to add a handheld mini fan to make it work. I ended up having a good hatch, but man, it took some work!

I have a cheap, octagonal Chinese incubator that has a dial for the temperature (a calibrated thermometer is a must) and it's been brilliant. It is years old now and still going strong. I've hatched many, many, many Coturnix and Button quail, Muscovy ducks and now chickens in it. I'd love a fancy one though.

I use a german made Heka 1*... It's a cabinet style incubator. It's on the pricey side but well worth it. It's beautiful to look at as well. I basically put the eggs in and forget about them... well. almost. First of all ... how can you forget those little fluff balls happening in there!! You got to check on them!! Second I do have to add water. I could have gone with the automatic but that would have cost me an arm and a leg.
The only thing I would do different about buying a Heka... I would go with a higher capacity!!! Mine fits 90.

I am now using an Italian Borotto 24 REAL incubator, before that I used a still air with automatic roller. Was ok, but not in the class of the Borotto. All their incubator are calibrated before they get sold. Spot on temperature you can rely on. I was also sold on the water reservoir that is filled externally.

Back
Top Bottom