Official BYC Poll: What type of incubator do you use?

What type of incubator do you use?

• Total voters
Mine is a GQF 1202 cabinet incubator that I have adapted to use a Herpstat 1 PID digital temperature controller.

I use it in conjunction with a GQF 1550 Hatcher.

My sometimes authorized and sometimes unauthorized incubators are my turkey hens.
Kiki start back here.

I have 2 Harris Farms Nurture Right 360, there is tape on the candler to eliminate the light from around the egg.
20200909_203531.jpg

I have 21 eggs in the one above, 20 eggs in the one below, yaahh the chicken math
20200909_211642.jpg

and Manna Pro bought out Harris Farms.
I love the NRs my hatch rates have been great 80 to 85% I have done 6 or 7 hatches this year. It has circulated air with air vents on top and you add water form outside the unit, as well as an automatic turner. The temperature is rock solid, I set my temp at 100.0 because the manual thermometer reads 99.8 and has never gone over 100.2
I hope this helpful, they also list a service email on the instruction sheet if you need it.

I have hatched many babies in one of the yellow online 48 egg bators (forced air), along with the your typical styrofoam Little Giant bator (still air). Both only used with calibrated thermometer and hygrometer. Probably the only reason why things hatched in them actually. They are horrible at holding temp. Humidity hasn’t been an issue, as I dry incubate. Humidity normally stays around 18% to 30%.

Next month will be the time to step up and get a Brinsea cabinet 380. Goose and emu eggs will not do well in the two above incubators. Not worth the risk! So looking forward to not having to worry about performance of a cheap incubator.

Cant forget about the broodies... they’re great when they want to cooperate.

Last edited:
Used a yescom 56 egg bator. Temps weren’t as stable as I would have liked. Abandoned the bator batch at 6 days. Found $.25 chicks to shove under my broody. Broody has only technically hatched her own once. Rest of time I cram whatever I want under her and she raises is.

yescom forced air, turner included, led candler in each egg holder for turner. 110 bucks to my door.

Did this come with a fan or did you add one to it?

The first one I ordered with the preinstalled fan. The 2nd one I actually bought as a still air and hated it, so I bought the fan kit and turned it into a forced air. The 3rd was another I bought with the preinstalled fan kit.

The first one I ordered with the preinstalled fan. The 2nd one I actually bought as a still air and hated it, so I bought the fan kit and turned it into a forced air. The 3rd was another I bought with the preinstalled fan kit.
THX!

Back
Top Bottom