Official BYC Poll: Which of These Breeds Is Your Favourite?

Which of these breeds is your favourite?

• Total voters
Euskal Oiloas and I don't even have them. Second place is Ameraucana. Of the ones I actually have, Whiting True Blue, if that counts.
I just had the unique opportunity to harvest a set of Whiting Super Blue hackles for fly fishing. Never heard of Whiting birds until now, the story is quite remarkable! Why are yours your favorites? What are they like? The one I harvested was a rooster that was quite mean, from what I was told.

I’m glad you put down Orpington instead of Buff Orpington! There’s so much more to the Orp than buff :cool: But most of the time people only talk about Buff Orpington as if that’s what the breed is...

I absolutely love my Orps! Best personalities ever. But I want my chickens cuddly, so I’m biased :D
Thank you! I think my Black:Lavender Orpingtons with their green sheen is absolutely amazing. My black and white and gray Swedish Flower Hen has it too. Amazing how those black feathers get that amazing green shimmer in the sun with no extra work on our part! Lol!

Thank you! I think my Black:Lavender Orpingtons with their green sheen is absolutely amazing. My black and white and gray Swedish Flower Hen has it too. Amazing how those black feathers get that amazing green shimmer in the sun with no extra work on our part! Lol!
Oh yes, I love the green shimmer! I’ve even noticed it on Silver Laced Orpingtons, on the black outlining the white feathers :love

Whilst the wide array of chicken breeds from which to choose from seems virtually unlimited, there are a few breeds that enjoy better popularity than the rest. Out of the breeds represented in this poll, which one is your favourite? Note—it would be impossible to put everyone's preferred breeds in one poll, so for those Brabanter/Japanese bantam/Faverolles/Spitzhauben/etc fans among us, feel free to tell us a bit more about your underrepresented favourites or share the reason for your vote on the breeds available.

View attachment 2306500
(Check out more Official BYC Polls HERE!)
I don’t have any of the breeds mentioned. And of course you can only make a shortlist. That’s why I have a Request. @BantyChooks Can ou add other or not on this list ?

Edit: I have only Dutch bantams and naine de Tournaisis and one mix breed. Hard to choose. It would be easier to choose individuals. And for me character is just as, or maybe even more important, as looks.
+ Dutch: more tame, good broodies/mothers, curious characters.
+ Tournaisis and mix: better layers, no broodies, strange characters, 2 of them are beauties.
Next year plan: Cochin bantams.

Last edited:
I kind of prefer this mixed breed of Silkie x Cochin. However in 2nd place I’d pick Silkie or Polish. They’re not flighty, follow me around and are GORGEOUS.
C4A5FF91-CE1E-476B-AF40-FB71B62E6A29.jpeg

7547D00B-0F59-4B73-9757-2BD2FBFB7219.jpeg

55467342-56E0-4B7B-BF22-DC6F0FB7A782.jpeg

0F429165-FD08-4E6C-8F55-65DEC83E081E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom