Official BYC Poll: Which of These Breeds Is Your Favourite?

Which of these breeds is your favourite?

• Total voters
Pics

BantyChooks

Sing Brightly
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Aug 1, 2015
Europe
My Coop
My Coop
Whilst the wide array of chicken breeds from which to choose from seems virtually unlimited, there are a few breeds that enjoy better popularity than the rest. Out of the breeds represented in this poll, which one is your favourite? Note—it would be impossible to put everyone's preferred breeds in one poll, so for those Brabanter/Japanese bantam/Faverolles/Spitzhauben/etc fans among us, feel free to tell us a bit more about your underrepresented favourites or share the reason for your vote on the breeds available.

OFFICIAL BYC POLL (5).png

(Check out more Official BYC Polls HERE!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst the wide array of chicken breeds from which to choose from seems virtually unlimited, there are a few breeds that enjoy better popularity than the rest. Out of the breeds represented in this poll, which one is your favourite? Note—it would be impossible to put everyone's preferred breeds in one poll, so for those Brabanter/Japanese bantam/Faverolles/Spitzhauben/etc fans among us, feel free to tell us a bit more about your underrepresented favourites or share the reason for your vote on the breeds available.

(Check out more Official BYC Polls HERE!)
Er -- "Ameraucana" is given as a choice twice.
And... I think that my favorite is probably the D'Uccles.

Ameraucana is on there twice. Was one supposed to be Easter Egger maybe? I voted for Leghorn though because I absolutely LOVE my girl. She’s amazing. :love I personally think they’re quite underrated. A lot of people think they’re just boring production birds or whatever but my girl has so much personality and spark! :love EEs are probably my next favorite. Love mine. I’ve had 3 and currently have just 2 as well as two half EE chicks.

My favorites go something like this:

Cream Legbar
Barnevelder
Orpington
Silkie
Leghorn

So I suppose I'll vote Orpington out of the available options. Their temperament really does live up to their friendly reputation most of the time and I love the fluffy round shape.

But they're no Cream Legbars. Blue eggs, sexable at hatch, hilarious crests, fun personalities, good at foraging/ranging, productive layers, etc. They're our favorites by a good margin.

Also a big Barnevelder fan. They're the most mellow, relaxed chickens in our flock and stunningly beautiful. Silkies make the list for their cuteness and being such good moms. Lastly, Leghorns aren't appreciated enough for being extremely productive with great feed ratio and fun personalities - and the hen in our flock who most wants to be handled is, contrary to their reputation, a White Leghorn.

There are so many great breeds. Tough to choose.

Back
Top Bottom