Official BYC Poll: Which waterer is better: Nipples or cups?

Which waterer is best for less mess?

• Total voters
Pics
See my post from a moment ago..... It's wierd that my previous search's came up dry.(pun unforced)

Now to figure out:
A) has anyone here used it or using it now?
B) figure out the specs & actual cost w/shipping
C) decide if it's actually worth it now.... Visually I like the design.

... Thanks @casportpony & @aart for your continued follow thru.
Hi @electrycmonk. The image was sourced from the following thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/automatic-watering-cups.670725/post-9058159

It looks like that member also sourced the waterer from Amazon, but all the links are in the thread.

Thank you.

Thanks, they have shade From the trees but on the next hot day when I notice them doing it again I will mist them with cold water
I've got 2 water sources, their favorite is an old crock pot that they stand on or lean against when its hot. Of course they make a giant mess in the bowl,so there's another water pan to drink from.
When I fill the crock pot I let it spill over to make a big puddle. They love this on hot days and I think it cools them down to have their feet in the mud, scratching around at whatever's floating. Once its dried up there's a deep layer of cool dirt there. This us where they go on the hot days.
I am looking for ideas to improve the clean drinking water container.

Depending on where the OP lives
What if it’s hot ? Are you just going to rely on those little metal nips ?
Think about it, they only release small droplets of water !
I've observed my chickens filling there beaks with water and than tilting there heads back(imagine glug glug glug) so I can see the dehydrated argument

Back
Top Bottom