Official BYC Poll: Why Did You Join BYC?

Why Did You Join BYC?

• I had a question

Votes: 155 50.2%
  • I had a problem

Votes: 75 24.3%
  • I like to contribute

Votes: 74 23.9%
  • I like the contests

Votes: 31 10.0%
  • To read articles and reviews

Votes: 123 39.8%
  • To help other people

Votes: 85 27.5%
  • To learn

Votes: 254 82.2%
  • To share my pics and stories

Votes: 89 28.8%
  • I like the social talk

Votes: 53 17.2%
  • To make friends

Votes: 59 19.1%
  • Other (elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 15 4.9%

• Total voters
People come to BYC seeking advice about their chickens and end up making friends. Our friendly and welcoming community is something we take pride in. With thousands of new members joining daily, we would like to know: Why Did You Join BYC?

Please place your vote above, and elaborate in a reply below if you chose "Other".

View attachment 2825297

Further Reading:

(Check out more Official BYC Polls HERE!)
I was suddenly, on July 5th, the owner of a stray chick. I had NOTHING to care for it but had wanted to one day have a few chickens again. (23 yrs ago I had a small flock of various breeds and a huge rooster we called Golfpants because he looked like he was wearing golfing pants from the 50s.)
The situation Im in now was very different from then and I have come across quite a few concerns today that I hadn't had before. It's great to have a place to go to ask.
I researched our city laws on chicken keeping and at the end they actually suggested I contact Backyard Chicken for questions ect about raising chickens!!

I joined BYC because of @The Moonshiner... I was rummaging on the internet looking at pictures of different varieties of Leghorns and was disheartened to learn that they were all overseas....yes we have Black, White, Exchequer, Brown, Silver, Buff and a few others here...but the variety available overseas is much more diverse and have breeders for all of them taking those varieties seriously and are given recognition. When I discovered that there was someone in the States who gave a damn about Leghorns deeply THE WAY HE DID and is working on numerous varieties THE WAY HE IS.,and I found out he was posting here on BYC, I set up an account and have been here since. Following.

I don’t remember the first time I was in the website…probably looking at chicken photos. I didn’t have an account but became interested in the Breed & Gender threads. I looked at the responses, often tutting to myself when I saw something like a pullet that people were convinced was a cockerel, and I found myself wishing I could log on and tell the heartbroken OP, “It’s actually a girl.” Or a slow and sneaky cockerel no body could tell was male.
Eventually I did create an account. And the Breed and Gender section is a little bit smarter now, if I do say so myself.

I joined BYC after a Black Austalorp mama and her 9 babies literally showed up ON MY FRONT LAWN! They came from a nearby park, close to my house. Chickens run around wild over here, on Kauai. 🐓🌴☀️

Attachments

• 450B282A-1BF4-4BFB-9A63-0435F21DBEBB.jpeg
    450B282A-1BF4-4BFB-9A63-0435F21DBEBB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom