Official BYC Poll: Why Did You Join BYC?

Why Did You Join BYC?

• I had a question

Votes: 155 50.2%
  • I had a problem

Votes: 75 24.3%
  • I like to contribute

Votes: 74 23.9%
  • I like the contests

Votes: 31 10.0%
  • To read articles and reviews

Votes: 123 39.8%
  • To help other people

Votes: 85 27.5%
  • To learn

Votes: 254 82.2%
  • To share my pics and stories

Votes: 89 28.8%
  • I like the social talk

Votes: 53 17.2%
  • To make friends

Votes: 59 19.1%
  • Other (elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 15 4.9%

• Total voters
I had questions, and every time I Googled, it led me here. The people here seemed so helpful and knowledgable that I joined so I could pick their brains directly.
Same here. I like the social aspect as well; this IS my social media. Nice, helpful, friendly people.

The knowledge here is broad and deep. The answers are from people who have seen it, done it, dealt with it.

My intro post was July 10, 2009 and I said I was looking for basic information.

I then posted multiple threads asking a lot of newbie questions, most of which I revisted in this article recently: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/my-newbie-questions-10-years-later.76713/

I also posted 3 threads on highly theoretical science fiction questions in re: a colonization novel I was attempting (which got started then was lost to a hard drive crash on the very morning I was going to do a full backup).

I actually found this place by searching "chicken forum"
I joined because it was the most active one.
At the time I was just looking to read and learn. Over the years I've used the forum for most of the reasons listed.
The exception is the "in love with Kiki" one. I don't even like her.

I participated on a similar chicken forum for years that closed.
When a health issue assaulted my flock, I was led to BYC thru the internet For the information I needed.
I stayed and have found many friendly people who make me laugh and who share joy and sadness that comes with poultry and with life itself.
The support network here is fantastic and includes all age brackets.

Back
Top Bottom