Official BYC Poll: Why Did You Join BYC?

Why Did You Join BYC?

• I had a question

Votes: 155 50.2%
  • I had a problem

Votes: 75 24.3%
  • I like to contribute

Votes: 74 23.9%
  • I like the contests

Votes: 31 10.0%
  • To read articles and reviews

Votes: 123 39.8%
  • To help other people

Votes: 85 27.5%
  • To learn

Votes: 254 82.2%
  • To share my pics and stories

Votes: 89 28.8%
  • I like the social talk

Votes: 53 17.2%
  • To make friends

Votes: 59 19.1%
  • Other (elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 15 4.9%

• Total voters
I joined a few years after I started keeping chickens, also because every Google search led to a thread on BYC. I solved my chicken problem and kind of forgot about my account until last year, when I started trying to learn about quail genetics, and Google led me back. Google also recalled my login information 😆
I learn so much all the time, and it's a good feeling to help someone else out when you've dealt with the same issue previously.

I was raising chickens back in early 2014 and my boss told me to go to BYC for all the answers to any problems or questions and any information that I may need

And as a BYC guest I was getting all the help and answers that I needed

Thanks to all

Even after I was no longer raising chickens I was still on BYC

“what is this chicken thinking” is the thread that caused me to join after being a guest for 10 months

I was raising chickens back in early 2014 and my boss told me to go to BYC for all the answers to any problems or questions and any information that I may need

And as a BYC guest I was getting all the help and answers that I needed

Thanks to all

Even after I was no longer raising chickens I was still on BYC

“what is this chicken thinking” is the thread that caused me to join after being a guest for 10 months
/goes to find this thread to see how much more I’ll be laughing…..

[ETA: page 1 of search is 10 separate threads with all having (basically the same title) of several pages…. #10 was started in 2011….. sheeesh]

/goes to find this thread to see how much more I’ll be laughing…..

[ETA: page 1 of search is 10 separate threads with all having (basically the same title) of several pages…. #10 was started in 2011….. sheeesh]

The thread I’m talking about was started by Phoenix chicken in October 2012

Getting chickens was on my Bucket list prior to my retirement. I had a ton of things to do, prior to my raising chickens. I had the time to learn, so I visited every day practically. When I retired it took me 4 more years to get to chickens. Then it took me another year to complete the coop and run. I purchased a finished starter coop a year ago and had my first batch of birds. I am getting my second batch of birds in two days. I thank everyone for all the input that is here on BYC, from coop building to successful chick raising, I have you all to thank for what success I have had. It has been such a fun pastime.

Back
Top Bottom