• Meat

Votes: 640 26.4%
  • Fertilizer

Votes: 924 38.1%
  • Bug Control

Votes: 1,018 42.0%
  • More interesting and/or easy than other animals

Votes: 642 26.5%
  • Other (please specify in reply comments)

Votes: 257 10.6%
  • Showing & Exhibition

Votes: 219 9.0%

• Total voters
I was speaking with a reporter today and he asked why people raise chickens. I'm hoping with this poll that we can get an idea of the % of people that raise chickens for different purposes.

Please select all that apply!

Thanks!

What an awesome poll! Out of curiosity, how many people total have responded to date? Adding up the individual replies would duplicate the number of respondents, so I'd be curious if you're able to tell from the backend as the poll creator.

Regardless, it is certainly an impressive sample size, so thanks for thinking to create it!!

Sincerely,
Crazy Chicken Lady Marketing Geek

i raise chickens for many reasons, the first and major two, is to get fresh meat and eggs so far we have only done one batch of meat birds the rest are egg layers and pets.

also i really just enjoy raising poultry (am not going to say chickens as i think i like dealing with waterfowl more, ducks are so much fun) you get eggs, you can get meat, fertilizer is a plus for the garden. so we got a few (well like 30 that are pets at the moment) pet chickens.

What an awesome poll! Out of curiosity, how many people total have responded to date? Adding up the individual replies would duplicate the number of respondents, so I'd be curious if you're able to tell from the backend as the poll creator.

Regardless, it is certainly an impressive sample size, so thanks for thinking to create it!!

Sincerely,
Crazy Chicken Lady Marketing Geek

If you divide the number of votes by the percentage for that vote you should get 2347 voters so far as of today.

I'm doing this mainly to bump the thread. I think it is interesting.

We took in 6 chickens because the people had gotten the kids some easter chicks but it became too much for the little coop and tiny backyard in the city. They helped us build a big coop and we have plenty of room. I liked having the fresh eggs, we are big egg eaters, so when a coyote killed 3 of them, and we gave one of the two roos away, we got 3 more hens from a farmer. Then we took in another rescue hen that was living in an alley in the city, so we are back up to 6. Luckily, chicken math has not taken hold, or we would need to build a bigger coop! The rooster is mean, but the dog keeps him away from me, lol. The chickens all lay different color eggs, which is fun!

Back
Top Bottom