Ended Official BYC Valentine Puns Contest Series - Wattle I Do Without You? Photo Contest

#2 a Leghorn.

My leghorns are the most excellent hens. They lay great, and every so often sneak in a good sized set of chicks!

This hen is a cross between white and dark brown rose comb Leghorns which is why she is mostly white with the creamy color around her face..... so some of the chicks are crosses like her, and some are full dark brown.

20180729_184223.jpg

Entry 1
Feather
, the Cream Legbar was my very first favorite chicken 😍 She had the sweetest disposition where she would stand still and let my 8 year old pick her up and hold her 💗
Sadly she passed away at 18 months of age, she failed to grow past her 5 month size and when necropsied had missing and underdeveloped reproductive organs.
View attachment 2505120
I'm sorry about that :hugs
#1 not the best photo,but one of my bantam Wheaton Ameraucana with some chicks. Those girls LOVE to be moms.View attachment 2505133
aw that's cute!

View attachment 2504861
This is Penne. She wants to reach out and give you all big Swedish Flower hugs :hugs because BYC is so special to her. You see, Penne is alive today because of stuck-chick hatching advice threads from you (BYC members) that helped me safely assist her getting out of the egg last year. Thank you.:)
She’s a wonderful bird! Her story is very special, I’m so glad she was able to break through :love

thumbnail_FE8C30D6-86D3-4B69-95E2-BEFF9B7C595C.jpg

Meet Nugget. She is a beautiful Blue Laced Barnevelder. We hatched her from when she was a chick. She was the smallest - and my dad thought she wasn't going to make it through. But she pushed on and here she is. To this day, she is the most social, happy, cartoony chicken! Not to mention - on the top of the pecking order! Every day, she will come running up to me to say cluck (hey)! She always lets me pick her up! Nugget will come running as fast as she can when she hears me call: "Chook chook chook chookies!" I love nugget! And I hope you all too!

Back
Top Bottom