Ended Official BYC Valentine Puns Contest Series - Wattle I Do Without You? Photo Contest

Pics
Entry 1-
She was a Golden Comet or Golden Sexlink pullet, 3 years old. Her name is Scrappy! She would get over mated my our rooster, and Scrappy just stuck. She was the sweetest, not afraid to eat from my hand, didn't like to be petted or held, but none of my other hens did either. She always made broody cooing nosies when she went to lay an egg lol! Never sat though. All her little quirks were too cute! She passed away from an egg that got crushed before she laid it. I didn't do enough research here or on other sources for what to do, and she stopped eating and gave up. I could have done more, but I try not to dwell. I still miss you Scrappy! She was the best!
IMG_0487.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Entry 1-
She was a Golden Comet or Golden Sexlink pullet, 3 years old. Her name is Scrappy! She would get over mated my our rooster, and Scrappy just stuck. She was the sweetest, not afraid to eat from my hand, didn't like to be petted or held, but none of my other hens did either. She always made broody cooing nosies when she went to lay an egg lol! Never sat though. All her little quirks were too cute! She passed away from an egg that got crushed before she laid it. I didn't do enough research here or on other sources for what to do, and she stopped eating and gave up. I could have done more, but I try not to dwell. I still miss you Scrappy! She was the best!

I'm sorry you lost her :hugs

Entry 1-
I’m sorry you lost her she sounded like a great bird. :( The same thing happened to Joy this summer and it was pretty tough. She recovered well though and I’m very grateful for all the help I got on BYC.

Pic number 1 of Biscuit
11 week old Silkie probably cockerel, hatched under my 8 year old hen.
He's always running up to greet me since a chick and under my feet when I'm weeding. I love his unique colour and really hope he gets along with my other boys so I can keep him.
IMG_20210127_130610~2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Entry #1
Meet Rhaega, my four year old Red Sex Link who is named after a dragon in Game of Thrones. I got Rhaega from a fellow chicken keeper who did not want her to be alone. (All her flock mates died.) She arrived in mid October last year, just a day before I got her new flock--four pullets!

From the start, Rhaega took the lead with pullets, who immediately a accepted her as top hen. She has been showing the girls how to dust bathe, use a water nipple, and how to get treats from me. Recently, she began showing them the nest box. Rhaega wasn't part of my plan, but I can't imagine my happy little flock without her.

Rhaega.jpg

Back
Top Bottom