Official Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Winner!

My poor Barnevelder hen, she's so cold moulting in November. She blew her feathers in just about a week. When the wind blows she ducks and jumps due to the draft against her skin. Her bum is also bare, but I did not want to post so undignified pictures of that part of her.
lol.png

30473_moult_010.jpg

This is her last November about the same time and not in moult

30473_barnevelder_pullet_11.jpg

It really is amazing how their whole stature seems to change.
Like they are ashamed of their looks.
Okay, that one running away from the camera is hilarious.

Thank you for not showing that poor barnevelders naked bum,
I know she appreciates that.

lol.png

Yes, they do act ashamed! Betty is normally right up under me when I'm in the run, not running away from me and my camera. Poor girl... but I can't help but laugh at her.

I broke out laughing out loud when I read the title of this post. Wish that I'd seen it sooner; all my chickens are past the worst stages of molting now, but I have a ton of feathers that need to be raked up soon.

Quote:
gig.gif
She does seem ashamed. She was running and doing anything to get away from the camera. Kind of like I was the paparazzi and she was the movie star after an all-nighter, without makeup and on her way to rehab.
hide.gif

Robin'sBrood :

Yes, they do act ashamed! Betty is normally right up under me when I'm in the run, not running away from me and my camera. Poor girl... but I can't help but laugh at her.

I know! Look at her proud stature from last year.
"I am Betty, and I am the most beautiful Barnevelder there ever was or will be.
Look at my delicate but perfect feathering, my tail is proud and and at a perfect angle.
I am THE Barnevelder."

Then the molt picture.
"Who am I? Why is it so cold? Why does the draft make me jump?"

I love Betty either way.

Beth

PS
Beth is short for Elizabeth, Betty is one of the names too.
LOL
I feel for her.​

Quote:
gig.gif
She does seem ashamed. She was running and doing anything to get away from the camera. Kind of like I was the paparazzi and she was the movie star after an all-nighter, without makeup and on her way to rehab.
hide.gif

lau.gif
the paparazzi chasing the molting chicken!
I love it.
now, if you could just get some of those huge sunglasses on her eyes, and her darting away from you,
bwa hahahahahaha.
oh, i am mean.
and a big designer bag to hide her lack of plumage.
lol

Oops, wrong chicken, love_a_duck... Betty is my Black Australorp from the page before this one, the pitiful girl I chased around the run while snapping pics of her. I don't know what the GORGEOUS Barnevelder's name is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
I know! Look at her proud stature from last year.
"I am Betty, and I am the most beautiful Barnevelder there ever was or will be.
Look at my delicate but perfect feathering, my tail is proud and and at a perfect angle.
I am THE Barnevelder."

Then the molt picture.
"Who am I? Why is it so cold? Why does the draft make me jump?"

I love Betty either way.

Beth

PS
Beth is short for Elizabeth, Betty is one of the names too.
LOL
I feel for her.

lol.png
She doesn't have a name yet, but Betty would be a good name for her:) She was one of the top girls in the flock, but now she's all freaked out and put out of place by her "condition". My others moulted a bit slower and didn't go through such a drastic feather drop.

Trisha

Back
Top Bottom