Official Coop Thread

How old are your chicks now Francisco? I thought we started together @spring time?

They are only going on 4wks old right now. I was planning on putting them out / letting them in coop this week. We have relatively stable / warm temperatures right now. Once I seal / secure the run and fencing, the coop will be done!

Looks pretty good. You might find the chickens like to sit on the bucket. I had a 40 gal. Rubbermaid garbage can in my old coop with their food in it. So many chickens sat on it, they permanently dented the lid.
If their water or food is near they might poop down off the bucket into their water or food.

So I worked on securing the coop today. This is what I came up with...lol Mind you, it is very solid. But also, very resourceful...lol

Last edited:

This is my coop. It's 80% completed just needs a roof, the rest of the shingles on the side and a lick of paint. I'm over the moon with how it turned out and it was all made on the fly.I'm going to add more pics tomorrow

Last edited:
Got the run extension done, need to stain/paint the coop and gravel/pebbles around then am home free chillaxing. Oops I might build a gazebo, lol - now that have some experience w/ wood and drills.

Here are a few more I took today. Favorite features are the pullet-shut door. Best money I've ever spent. The poop board under the roost filled with dmz and my milk crate nest boxes and access hatch.

Although I'm having a few issues with feeders / waterers taking to much space. Any suggestions anyone?
Thanks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom