Official Seed Exchange/swap Thread ***SIGN UP CLOSED***

Czech's_chicks :

Quote:
Those are mine. My original plants started as the spoon petals. Those seeded and I got the white with the purple shading at the center and I got another variety of the purple. These seeds will give you a variation of each, some may spoon, but not too many will. I love the fact that the gophers leave it alone. It naturalizes well.

Both varieties looked pretty and I love purple.​

Clairabean I have a question about the marigold seeds, do you know if they are african, mexican, or french? I was doing some research on the calendula, next year I'm going to have the prettiest salads in Henryetta between the calendula, nastursiums and borage flowers.
clap.gif

Dena, thanks for the sunflower seeds, the only ones I planted this year were from boss, these seeds are much bigger, but the girls will really like them, if the wild birds don't beat them to it. This year I let all the wild birds eat all my grown sunflowers, it was such a hard year on the birds. And I have really gotten into the okra this year, my first ever year to grow it, but I have discovered how pretty and useful they are, and really like to eat them if picked very young and cooked whole w/ spicy seasonings.

Amy, I look forward to growing and eating (or at least trying) the ground cherries, I have been looking at them in the seed catalouges.

Stephanie, I planned on starting an official herb garden in addition to the companion planting in the garden so the cilantro is going to fit right in. and I had been eyeing the pretty dragon tongue beans wondering if my husband would be more disposed to eating beans w/ pretty colors instead of just green. lol They do grow (the plants) tall and need trellising right?

Last edited:
Wendy, can't wait to see the african daisies, I love macro photography especially of plants and bugs and if even a couple turn out spoon shaped it will be so cool since I have no pics anything like that. And borage was on my list of companion planting must haves for next year.

Carol, I just need hazel buds to add to what I already have and maybe I can see faries too
tongue.png
(Hazel buds, wild thyme, marigolds, and hollyhocks were a recipe from 1660 AD that supposedly enabled anyone who ate it see fairies

Read more: Facts on Hollyhocks | Garden Guides http://www.gardenguides.com/74814-hollyhocks.html#G) My Gma had 4'O'clocks in her garden so looking forward to planting some and using the leaves as a poison tea hopefully to control some garden pests next year.

I have never been able to put out hummer feed stations b/c they get over run by ants, so I'm looking forward to a natural hummer station w/ the scarlet runner beans.

And last but certainly not least, Dawn, you made me research the most! Still doing some research on the natives, but they seem cool. I am way excited about the poppy, both the flowers a blue poppy!!!! and the seeds, not to mention the photo opportunities for the pods (and flowers), and found out they are great compainions for onions. They are going to be beautiful in where I am planting my onions, wild strawberries and amarynth, so the orange of the amarynth and the red and yellow of the stawberries w/ the blue poppies I just can't wait!!!!

The sprouting puple brocc, have I said how beautiful my salads are going to be next year!!! and adding a little more color to my stir fry.

The lemon cukes are going to add a little coolness and variety to my cukes.

Quote:
I'm so glad you'll be starting an herb garden! I love mine. This was my first year gardening, and my herb garden alone have been one of the best investments I've ever made. Fresh herbs are sooooo expensive, and so easy to grow.

The beans DO need trellisings. You will love the beautiful coloring! I've found them easier to feed to my friends' children because they think they're "fun" & they like watch the purple streaks fade away as I cook them.... So there is hope for your husband
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom