Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

What?! Why won't my heritage breeds sell for $8?
barnie.gif

"ST. CROIX LAMBS

I AM LOOKING TO SELL MY EIGHT ST. CROIX EWE LAMBS AND POSSIBLY THE TWO RAMS LAMBS. THESE SHEEP ARE VERY EMUNE TO DISEASE ,NO HORNS, VERY DOSSILE, HAIRED SHEEP [LOOSE THE WOOL IN THE SPRING]"

No spell check on your computer?

Just saw this... love it.

LAYING HENS (Calvert City, Ky. 42029)
Date: 2011-11-03, 3:28AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Bardrocks, Buff Orphingtons and Black Stars. Several roosters also. Telephone -----------0

Leaky Cow - $325 (Allendale)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-11-04, 1:14PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a leaky cow for sale. She leaks a little milk out one nipple. Ran into an accident with a mean pig. Runs and drives great. low miles. Needs a new valve but if you just stitch er up she should be good to go. Young cow. about 2 years old. Call or text or email. Will send pictures upon request

What in the world??????

Last edited:
Quote:
It happens. If a teat gets damaged, it can leak continuously which can lead to problems. They don't want to deal with it, so they are selling her. I think it's cute how they said she needs a new valve
tongue.png

Quote:
It happens. If a teat gets damaged, it can leak continuously which can lead to problems. They don't want to deal with it, so they are selling her. I think it's cute how they said she needs a new valve
tongue.png

Ah, ok. Now I understand. I totally didn't make the connection. Must be friday. Thanks for clarifying. I thought the poor thing had half her udder torn off!

Quote:
tongue.png

That's kindof amusing really. I mean a "leaky cow"?
lau.gif
I feel sorry for the poor thing though.

Quote:
tongue.png

That's kindof amusing really. I mean a "leaky cow"?
lau.gif
I feel sorry for the poor thing though.

I work at a dairy farm, and sometime when a cow's udder is full, one or more udder will leak.

When we first got our current Jersey, we got her from a dairy. She was giving almost 10gals a day being machine milked. We are hand milkers and simply don't need that kind of production so we tried to slowly bring her down to a more manageable amount. While she was still at top production, she would be squirting from all four teats as she walked to the milking station. Udder swinging, milk squirting with every step... she was a sight to behold!

Back
Top Bottom