Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

There were some folks down the road with 6 horses, and they were standing in mud, in the cold, October-February, and there was less than an acre, they had their pin bones showing/ribs, and one day the horses got loose, I was thinking about calling animal control, but one day they were back in their pen and actually had a flake of hay in their flimsy hand made pen. And then I never saw the horses there again.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Chickens - $10 (La center)

Date: 2012-05-02, 9:01PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Multiple breeds araconas, cookoo Marons, wyeen dots, and various hens and rusters, hens are all laying. $10 each, email me if interested

I need to get me some of those cookoo Marons or wyeen dots LOL. And maybe a good ruster to go with em.
gig.gif
Where is this at? i want them hens that lay 10 dollars each ,to heck with waiting on my goose to lay the golden eggs this sounds way easer
lau.gif

I don't think this ad is still there but I saved it from when it was (about a week ago). I thought it was funny.
big_smile.png

Amazing, operatic hens! (north portland)

Date: 2012-04-27, 12:48PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

If you want some chickens but you don't want to deal with that "baby chick" part where they live in a box in your basement and make the entire house smell like ****, well, then have I got a deal for you...

Two grown chickens. Two years old. One big. One small. They look just like Abbot and Costello. Or Penn and Teller. Or Jake and the Fat Man. The big one is in charge, and the little one follows her around. (For those of you who care about labels, they are a Speckled Sussex and a bantam White Crested Black Polish.)

The good parts: They're super social. They'll run to you when you come outside. They lay eggs. Perfect, beautiful eggs. Normal size brown eggs and adorable little white eggs. But not freakishly small. You'll still look at them and wonder how it came out of the chicken (ask your mom!)

So why are we getting rid of them? Well.

1. We have plenty of eggs.

2. They're vocal. Not like rooster vocal. But talkative. Sometimes it's like a "bwabwabwabwabwa" and other times it's more like a "SQUAAAAAAsquasquasquasquaaaaa" and the occasional "kahKAAAAH kahKAAAAH" and it's annoying.

It wouldn't be that big of a deal if it was just these two, but they're the ringleaders to the other chickens. Motivators. Like the Tony Robbins of fowl. If they were to remake the movie Independence Day with poultry, these chickens would be the ones that play the president and give the rousing "Today... is our Independence Day!" speech to tell the other chickens to go fight the aliens. And then birds everywhere would cheer and give feathered high fives and get into their chicken jets and save the world.

They're that good.

So when they talk, our other chickens are like "Hey, those chickens are right! Let's start talking too!" and then everyone gets fired up and starts blathering on about whatever it is chickens talk about.

True story: Yesterday I was dreaming that I was watching a DVD of deleted scenes from Anchorman, and the guy with the cowboy hat was telling Will Ferrell that he could sing in 360 degrees and then he started making this crazy squaking sound. Then Ron Burgandy said, "I'm not hearing it in all of the degrees, do it again" so he started making the squaking sound again.

Then I woke up. And realized it was the chicken making the squaking sound. And then we agreed to put the chickens on craigslist.

SO what do you say? Want them? For free?

Last edited:
I love, love, LOVE when people don't read the fine print.

My ad ( summed up and retyped for here, didn't feel like digging for it)  - 

I have some cull point-of-lay hens. Breeds vary from Australorp to Easter Egger. Do not fit with my breeding program but that doesn't mean they won't be fantastic for your flock! $20 and up - Also have some stew meat hens, two or three left, that are over four years old and no longer laying. Should make fantastic stew meat. $5 each- NO roosters available. If it's not listed, it's NOT for sale.

Reply - 

do u hve ne hen roosters?

Reply - 

I was wondering if there is any chance on the stew meat hens to continue laying? I would like to add some cheap hens to my flock to increase laying production. What breed are they?
   Me - These are Production Red and Red Sex link hens that haven't laid a single egg in over six months. Chances of getting enough eggs out of them to make your money back are slim to none. The price for them is a lump sum for selling them by the pound. Will be tough, which is why it needs to be stewed.
      Her/him - So, they're laying or not?

This, is exactly why I never reply to emails that aren't written in real English. Every one I've ever gotten written in "text speak" is from someone that evidently doesn't understand English or any other language either.

I don't think this ad is still there but I saved it from when it was (about a week ago). I thought it was funny. :D
Amazing, operatic hens! (north portland)

Date: 2012-04-27, 12:48PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [[COLOR=1155CC]Errors when replying to ads?][/COLOR]

If you want some chickens but you don't want to deal with that "baby chick" part where they live in a box in your basement and make the entire house smell like ****, well, then have I got a deal for you... Two grown chickens. Two years old. One big. One small. They look just like Abbot and Costello. Or Penn and Teller. Or Jake and the Fat Man. The big one is in charge, and the little one follows her around. (For those of you who care about labels, they are a Speckled Sussex and a bantam White Crested Black Polish.) The good parts: They're super social. They'll run to you when you come outside. They lay eggs. Perfect, beautiful eggs. Normal size brown eggs and adorable little white eggs. But not freakishly small. You'll still look at them and wonder how it came out of the chicken (ask your mom!) So why are we getting rid of them? Well. 1. We have plenty of eggs. 2. They're vocal. Not like rooster vocal. But talkative. Sometimes it's like a "bwabwabwabwabwa" and other times it's more like a "SQUAAAAAAsquasquasquasquaaaaa" and the occasional "kahKAAAAH kahKAAAAH" and it's annoying. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if it was just these two, but they're the ringleaders to the other chickens. Motivators. Like the Tony Robbins of fowl. If they were to remake the movie Independence Day with poultry, these chickens would be the ones that play the president and give the rousing "Today... is our Independence Day!" speech to tell the other chickens to go fight the aliens. And then birds everywhere would cheer and give feathered high fives and get into their chicken jets and save the world. They're that good. So when they talk, our other chickens are like "Hey, those chickens are right! Let's start talking too!" and then everyone gets fired up and starts blathering on about whatever it is chickens talk about. True story: Yesterday I was dreaming that I was watching a DVD of deleted scenes from Anchorman, and the guy with the cowboy hat was telling Will Ferrell that he could sing in 360 degrees and then he started making this crazy squaking sound. Then Ron Burgandy said, "I'm not hearing it in all of the degrees, do it again" so he started making the squaking sound again. Then I woke up. And realized it was the chicken making the squaking sound. And then we agreed to put the chickens on craigslist. SO what do you say? Want them? For free?
:lau

Well, with my upcoming hatch we should have a LOT of fun replies. I'm only hatching some American Game right now. Which is what a lot of people out here and down towards Houston refer to as "Hen Roosters" - fighting birds. - I never, EVER sell my game to anyone I feel may have (fowl) intentions for their future. That is not why I breed them, and that's not why I sell them.

I've gotten several strange replies on this ad. I think I'm going to rephrase it.

She's only two, which could account for some of her slightness. I've seen skinnier horses than her....to the bone skinny. And it's spring, a lot of horses are skinnier in spring after getting off winter pastures.
Who knows? I can't say for what that person is doing, but the horse doesn't look that skinny to me. I'd have to feel it to get a better idea of it's weight.
I do horse rescue, visit the local auctions & feedlot once in a while so to me the mare looks skinny. Around here horses cant really go down a whole lot farther before bad things happen. Im just glad her neck & the area over her butt isnt completely sunken, & her ribs arent totally bared. Then again she still looks kinda shaggy so if she were shed out maybe her ribs would show more... I know some horses drop weight this time of year, but for me the thing I really do not like is how the area that ive red lined is so narrow (shoulda put the line a little more to the left though). When that area starts to look like that I really worry. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom