Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

Uhhhh.... I hate to break it to ya, buddy, but Labs ARE retrievers!? :lau :eek: :oops:

Assuming maybe they meant Golden when they said Retriever but still... they’re all retrievers. And there’s also like at least 6 different kind of retrievers which I have a feeling would blow their mind :lau :oops:

D58EA180-9900-41A9-B32A-5BE9AD7112CB.png

Uhhhh.... I hate to break it to ya, buddy, but Labs ARE retrievers!? :lau :eek: :oops:

Assuming maybe they meant Golden when they said Retriever but still... they’re all retrievers. And there’s also like at least 6 different kind of retrievers which I have a feeling would blow their mind :lau :oops:

View attachment 1843059
perhaps he's saying it's parents are not brother and sister?

I really dislike it when people use other peoples' photos to sell items. I just feel a seller should take a pic of what they're actually selling.

example:
https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/grd/d/gardner-ayam-cemani-chickens/6994787975.html

Ayam Cemani Chickens - $40 (Gardner)
image 2 of 3
01212_5nsg0fxjUjG_600x450.jpg

00y0y_2Sx8rjVTW5p_600x450.jpg

00A0A_lijadMwYBPt_600x450.jpg

The black meat photo looked familiar to me and sure enough it's been used in multiple articles. In fact the 4 articles I found in my 1 min image search said it's silkie meat. So not only is the seller using some one else's photo..... but it's Silkie, not Ayam Cemani. LOL

Then when I looked at the Ayam Cemani chick pic, I noticed the watermark of a stock photo.
:he

Perhaps the pullets/cockerel photo is actually of their birds, but why be misleading with the other photos?

I really dislike it when people use other peoples' photos to sell items. I just feel a seller should take a pic of what they're actually selling.

example:
https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/grd/d/gardner-ayam-cemani-chickens/6994787975.html

image 2 of 3

The black meat photo looked familiar to me and sure enough it's been used in multiple articles. In fact the 4 articles I found in my 1 min image search said it's silkie meat. So not only is the seller using some one else's photo..... but it's Silkie, not Ayam Cemani. LOL

Then when I looked at the Ayam Cemani chick pic, I noticed the watermark of a stock photo.

Perhaps the pullets/cockerel photo is actually of their birds, but why be misleading with the other photos?
I've seen this sort of thing on Craigslist alot. I was looking at one posting where someone was advertising pork. As I browsed through the photos I recognized some of them as commonly seen stockpics. In fact the last photo was a famous picture of Joel Salatin with his pigs.

example:

image 2 of 3

I think it would be appropriate if they would say something to the effect of this is what it looks like when butchered, that would imply it's not that particular bird of course, but one might expect that it may or may not be that person's actual pic..

I think it would be appropriate if they would say something to the effect of this is what it looks like when butchered, that would imply it's not that particular bird of course, but one might expect that it may or may not be that person's actual pic..

Exactly! I have no problem if a new, un-assembled, boxed item is being sold, and the seller adds a link to the manufacturer for specs. It's helps a buyer know what they're getting inside the box.

When buying an animal, the buyer should be able to see what the actual animal looks like - or at least the parents.

Exactly! I have no problem if a new, un-assembled, boxed item is being sold, and the seller adds a link to the manufacturer for specs. It's helps a buyer know what they're getting inside the box.

When buying an animal, the buyer should be able to see what the actual animal looks like - or at least the parents.
yep, or at least if they don't have the birds pic or parents at least be honest and say the birds look pretty much like this, it's not my picture.

yep, or at least if they don't have the birds pic or parents at least be honest and say the birds look pretty much like this, it's not my picture.
In the past I have seen pictures of my birds used by several “farms” that sell multiple breeds of chicken. They must have got them from either google or BYC. They were originally posted on BYC.

Back
Top Bottom