Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

I think most people here refer to anything under 2 years as a puppy cause breeding a female dog under 2 years old is frowned on. Most breeds can start having puppies between 6 months an a year old but its a bad idea to let them. 2 years is pretty standard as the time a female is old enough to breed safely. The way they act also usually changes about the 2 year mark too. So everyone uses the term puppy until then.

I don't know what ages are aloud in puppy classes at shows. I dont show. I breed Pugs. The standard I breed for would never win shows. I want dogs that live long healthy lives doing normal dog things but are still clearly pugs. That means mine are to lean an have to long a nose to show... I want to do Shetland Sheepdogs one day though an I might try showing then.

Here is the look I go for in Pugs..

Aaaw too cute! I like Pugs :)

I didn't hang around in the showing circles for very long at all .. one can only take so much 'competition and showmanship', didn't take me too long to work out it was not my cup of tea
wink.png

Chasing the "puppy" rabbit trail...our dog Eve (my avatar) is now 13 months old. Since she's partially deaf and can't hear her correct name, we got in the habit of calling her Puppy. Since we like to play with words, Puppy became Poo-pay (not sure how to spell that), and got shortened to The Poop. So now, I have a hundred pound dog called The Poop. She'll be called a bastardized form of puppy all her life
lol.png
cause that's a name you're just not outgrowing.

lau.gif

I have a 4 year old cat that I still call kitten ... she was the runt of the litter and so very very tiny (250gms) and still is tiny :)

The 'when is a puppy no longer a puppy' question roused my interest as I used to show and breed Rough Collies; there were a few 'Puppy' classes but anything over 12 months did not qualify as puppy. Here in Aus, I believe it would be rare for someone to call a 1 year old a puppy, except maybe a Great Dane or similar. Thanks everyone, you live and learn:
  1. "Adolescence begins and ends at different ages, depending on the dog. Small breeds may turn into adolescents at six months, large breeds at around nine to 10 months; giant breeds may be 12... Adult Dogs. The onset of adulthood differs varies by breed, but two years of age is about average, give or take a year."
Love the two year is about average, give or take a year lol ;)
If I owned either parent it will ALWAYS be a puppy to me. Doesn't matter how old it is, I get to call it a puppy if/when I want. Though there is a difference between calling a dog a puppy and describing a dog as one of my puppies. As mentioned, for dog shows a "puppy" is under a year, junior is 12-18 months. Adult is over a year. Veteran is over 7 years.

Depends on the breed too... Our dachshund is 9 years old, and I wouldn't call her a veteran yet, she should still have a good 5-7 years in her, even though she's had IBD since she was a year old. Still super energetic, handles her condition fine with the right feed and a low dose of steroids.

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/lab/4751138490.html

Quote:
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

00a9.png
craigslist - Map data
00a9.png
OpenStreetMap

Oregon pike at Route 30
(google map) (yahoo map)​
compensation: Tbd
I'm in a bad situation. I very very rarely use weed but I used on Thursday and since was offered a job that I had interviewed for about 2 months ago and figured I wasn't getting so I wasn't thinking too much about. Anyway, I need to take a drug test next week and was wondering if someone could sell me some clean urine. I don't have a specific time for the test so I was hoping to meet someone who could give me a fresh sample near the location of my test and then I'd go in and use it for the test. I've seen people test the temperature in the past so I need to get it to the test site ASAP after the sample. If you're clean and willing to do this hit me up with a reasonable price.

There used to be a CL ad by someone who sold clean urine.

Too bad Medical Marijuana isn't a covered medication under ADA.

Back
Top Bottom