Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

100% agree - utter nonsense.
I am glad I am not the only one thinking this. I was pretty distressed to read this. I wish I knew what the dude was thinking in doing this to chickens, especially backyard egg layers like golden comets. One egg a week per bird? they are suffering from nutritional deficiencies, likely as not.

I wish I saw funny ones on e-bay, I usually just see sketchy ones. I want to send them a message saying they might get better business if they didn't use screen shots of the mcmurray website.
I haven't seen much of those.

I'll keep an eye out for more.

The guys description was similar to the listing title, but I failed to capture that.
This was like at the beginning of this year.

I wish I saw funny ones on e-bay, I usually just see sketchy ones. I want to send them a message saying they might get better business if they didn't use screen shots of the mcmurray website.
I've seen a lot of those on CL and eBay. I can understand using a stock photo if an item is still in original packaging and needs assembly. But never an animal. If the seller has chicks- take a photo of the chicks. If it's fertile eggs for sale - show the flock.

The worst was when a friend called me and asked if I was selling my blue Orpington Jewel. She found Jewel's pic on Craigslist. Yep. Someone copied my CL photo to sell their chicks. How rude! When I asked, they took it down. I'm guessing the person was selling extra hatchery chicks because there were many breeds listed.

I will probably use a watermark, but I added text for now.

blue orp.jpg

I've seen a lot of those on CL and eBay. I can understand using a stock photo if an item is still in original packaging and needs assembly. But never an animal. If the seller has chicks- take a photo of the chicks. If it's fertile eggs for sale - show the flock.

The worst was when a friend called me and asked if I was selling my blue Orpington Jewel. She found Jewel's pic on Craigslist. Yep. Someone copied my CL photo to sell their chicks. How rude! When I asked, they took it down. I'm guessing the person was selling extra hatchery chicks because there were many breeds listed.

I will probably use a watermark, but I added text for now.

View attachment 2723774
Lovely bird. 😍 Of course you'd be livid about someone using your photo without permission - copyright infringement is a major peeve of mine. 😡

I once noticed that an eBay goose hatching egg seller's listing photo of their gaggle was identical to one that was posted by someone selling geese on CL locally. I know the two are not the same person, and live in different states.

This site has some info about copyright laws as they relate to photos - posting in case it's helpful to others who may encounter a similar situation.

I saw an ad a while back for a rabbit for rehoming. They had gotten the rabbit at much too young of an age and only need up keeping it for a few weeks. And it had some sort of health issues that had been "sorted out".
The worst part was that the reason for rehoming was because the owner decided they wanted a puppy instead :th

Does anyone ever contact these people and inform/call them out? I've come close a couple times.
Yes actually, I saw someone selling barred rocks and Easter eggers. Then her listing wrote that she is selling barred rocks and orphingtons. I later texted her number writing:

Sorry to disturb you, but I saw your Craigslist post and just wanted to tell you that you have barred rocks and Easter eggers. Hope you can find them homes!

It was a while ago, I don’t remember exactly what I wrote, but yeah, the person never changed their ad :(

Back
Top Bottom