Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

Here's a classic:

I HAVE A BELOVED ROOSTER, "WHITE CLOUD". I HAVE USED HIM FOR A FEW YEARS FOR DRAMAS, NURSING HOME VISITS, AND BIBLE SCHOOLS. HE LOVES THE ELDERLY, KIDS AND ICE TEA!!! DRINKS RIGHT OUT OF MY CUP. HERE IS THE "HITCH", HE IS SO NICE BUT IS BEING PUSHED AROUND BY MY OTHER ROOSTER, NOW HE IS AFRAID, AND HIDES IN THE CORNER., I CANNOT TAKE IT! SO, RATHER THAN HAVE HIM BEING HARRASSED, LET'S FIND HIM A GREAT HOME. HE IS NOT GOING TO BE YOUR DINNER, BUT YOUR PET, AND HE IS VERY NICE TO THE HENS ( AND TO ME!).
ok, maybe it's just me and my lack of a church upbringing, but... how does a rooster fit into bible school?

ok, maybe it's just me and my lack of a church upbringing, but... how does a rooster fit into bible school?
IDK, maybe the story of Noah's Ark (with a name like that, he's probably white, maybe he stood in for the dove?
lau.gif
)

There are references to roosters crowing in the Bible (Peter would deny knowing Jesus 3 times before cock's crow being one) but I can't imagine bringing a rooster in just so the kids could hear what it sounds like!

Last edited:
I'm hearing Slim Whitman singing, "Uno Pollo Blanco" . . . .

Nah! Chickens are never peaceful, whatever the color!

they are when they are asleep and slobbing out all over the place! perhaps during the plays white cloud is fast asleep dreaming of all the young laydeez hooking wings with him.
can no kind hearted BYCer offer a space to this poor chap? seems even more awful that its an underdog [or underchicken in this case] having to be rehomed, it is hard enough rehoming cockrels as it is.
wish he was in this country,we woud have had a space for him at our farm.

Last edited:
Finally one I can post that is kinda funny!

Anyone want a cursed rug?!?!
tongue2.gif

A Cursed, Shedding Crate & Barrel Rug (G Village-esque)

Date: 2012-07-08, 2:32PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is a large area rug - probably 7 ' by 9' or thereabouts - that is in really good condition (save for a small pink spot that I can't account for.) It is a slate color, with horizontal gray striations. It's a handsome rug, but - as mentioned - sheds in high traffic areas.

It is currently driving me insane, having moved from a place with hardwood floors to one with beige carpet. I see little pieces of it everywhere. I can't deal.

Do you want the cursed, shedding rug? You can certainly have it, if you can come by on Wednesday and pick it up.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 3126399568

That isn't just Craigslist. I posted on a local Facebook site that stated exactly what I had (blue cochin bantam rooster) and had the same type of question - "Do you have any Barred Rock hens?"
barnie.gif
I have a few breeds but if it isn't posted - I am not selling it! Hello?!?!?!?

Uh Oh... what about this one...

Silki chicks - $3 (Chesterville)

Date: 2012-07-09, 7:18PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

1 week up to 4my weeks blacks whites some splash tex 740740 7*7 2**1 (area code twice?) (Wonder what 4my weeks is? could it really be 6 weeks in MY time?)
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 3129133380

Back
Top Bottom