These don't look like Cream Legbars, at least not full ones, they may be partially so, especially the ones with afros. They look more like Plymouth Rocks, especially your roo in question. They look to me like a Plymouth Rock hen, which explains her red wattles and comb, as Plymouth Rocks tend to have red combs and wattles, but they may yet turn out to be a roo, in which case you really got ripped off. Are roosters allowed in your area?
Unfortunately no roosters are not allowed in our area. We have neighbors close by. Someone around our area does indeed have a rooster as I hear him crowing every morning around 5 but if “he” is I’m going to have to find him another home. Ok so a barred Plymouth Rock! Wow. I totally did get ripped off. I’m still learning all the ins and outs of chickens so now I know!!!

He’s a handsome dude though. :)
The one pullet doesn’t have very good colouring from my limited knowledge. Lol. But they’re both still really pretty. I have golden crele and not the cream so that’s where most of my research was focused, but the auto sexing and the difference in coloration in older birds is similar enough. I did read that some family lines aren’t as obvious in the down color difference so it may be an honest mistake... I would reach out to the seller and see what they say. 👍 will you be able to/want to keep him?
I don’t think I can keep him in the area in which I live 😭😭😭 he is totally beautiful but I do feel ripped off though. I’m definitely gonna try to get ahold of the seller for sure. I do have some questions! 😔

I see no BR traits in him, I’m pretty sure you just wound up with a Legbar cockerel. He’s got the crest and the right structure, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a BR with red leakage... plus, they’re much heftier birds, being dual purpose... I think the only way you’ve been handed the short end of the stick is in the fact that he’s a boy! lol.

I see no BR traits in him, I’m pretty sure you just wound up with a Legbar cockerel. He’s got the crest and the right structure, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a BR with red leakage... plus, they’re much heftier birds, being dual purpose... I think the only way you’ve been handed the short end of the stick is in the fact that he’s a boy! lol.
I was just researching BR and the dead giveaway that he can’t be that is due to the color spillage on the shoulders and back. So yes, I am thinking you are correct, “he’s” a cream legbar roo!

Back
Top Bottom