Oh, DEAR.

MamaDoula

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 26, 2010
Hills of Tenn!
This afternoon, my husband and I were at the TSC, and I noticed a box at the edge of the parking lot. I didn't look in it, because my cat just gave birth to kittens this morning, one of our rabbits is pregnant, and we just got our flock of chickens to the point that they don't need lots of babying...just food, water, and to be let out to scratch in the yard a couple times a day.

Some girl just HAD to go and look in. <sigh> It was full of yellow peeps. Filthy, hungry, pecking at moldy nasty bread peeps.
sad.png

Dh, being the guy that he is, wouldn't stand for them to be left in the parking lot, and TSC wouldn't take them (they've obviously been neglected) so now, we have...well, I haven't even counted them yet, probably 12+ peeps, goodness knows what kind. They're in our garage with water, chick food and a heat lamp.
roll.png

We live in a subdivision, mind you, and our happy flock of 14 is plenty for us right now. I think our neighbors would draw the line at 25+ birds. What should we DO with them? ::sigh::

Quote:
Where are you located? Where I live there is a farmer's market every Tues., and people bring chicks in all the time to be adopted

Jen

All good ideas, thanks! I feel a bit like Old McDonald's farm here in our suburban area...chickens in the back, kittens in the spare room, rabbits in the yard, peeps in the garage!
lol.png
tongue.png
Six months ago, we didn't even have a goldfish!

Craigslist and farmers' markets are great ideas. We live in SE TN, and craigslist is how we found our birds.

Their level of cleanliness is really appalling. They're just nasty.
sad.png
Should we try to clean them at all? They're just...filthy.
sickbyc.gif

DSC_5311-1.jpg

somad.gif

I live near Chatty.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom