Oh, DEAR.

Bless you for taking those babies home! Poor things!!!
sad.png

This just makes me so angry! WHY do people do that? We are dealing with a similar issue but with cats/kittens. Someone left two female cats behind when they moved, now I am taking care of them. One just had a litter and the other is about ready to. I hate irresponsible pet owners.
somad.gif

Quote:
I'm in the same situation. In December had a cat come into our garden and I took her in when the weather turned really cold. She went into heat (naturally) so I tried to keep her in but she got out one night while had the dog out. She had 7 kittens a month ago. She is a young cat that is very loving but I don't need another cat! My husband was advised by a Pet Smart employee that there is a lady in that community that takes the mama and kittens and finds good homes for them.

She is a great cat...seems to adore me...wants on my lap anytime I'm sitting down but I can't keep her...she beats up on my cats who were feral kitten rescues 2 & 3 yrs ago.

Between feeding 11 cats, 22 chicks, 2 rabbits and a dog...I rarely have breakfast before 10am!
barnie.gif

Why are people so irresponsible when it comes to their pets! One of my neighbors thinks she is doing a wonderful thing by feeding the neighborhood cats...she does not realize she is bringing in MORE cats that create more feral kittens. One of these cats is using my back garden for her hunting grounds because I feed/water the birds...found dove feathers where she caught one last night. Plus these cats use my garden beds as toilets. We have begun to live trap them and finding a home for them. One neighbor just lets his dogs kill any that come into his yard...including the kittens.
somad.gif

Poor little beggars!
sad.png
You did right taking them in.

I wonder...many of them, and all the same...? If you keep them for a few months, maybe you'll be able to see whether they're meaties or egg layers, or whatever they are, and have an easier time giving them away. In the meantime, I would keep an add up on craigslist.

I bet that a few days under the heat-lamp and their own attentions will have them clean and fluffy again.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:
Boo-Boo's Mama :

Why are people so irresponsible when it comes to their pets! One of my neighbors thinks she is doing a wonderful thing by feeding the neighborhood cats...she does not realize she is bringing in MORE cats that create more feral kittens. One of these cats is using my back garden for her hunting grounds because I feed/water the birds...found dove feathers where she caught one last night. Plus these cats use my garden beds as toilets. We have begun to live trap them and finding a home for them. One neighbor just lets his dogs kill any that come into his yard...including the kittens.
somad.gif

Yep, I have a stray cat feeding neighbor too. When they end up in my live trap they are treated like the wild animals that they are.

I only wish we had an affordable TNR program though, coz I don't mind the cats if they didn't reproduce so much, and I do appreciate the lack of rodents.​

Quote:
I live in a small town which does not have funds for such programs. The really sad thing is if the neighbor's dog kills one of the stray cats...poof...at least 3 or 4 replace it. I'm so tired of going out to enjoy being in my garden only to find the cats have been spraying everything in sight...even our doors. I keep our 3 cats inside to protect them from the stray cats.

Back
Top Bottom