Oh, DEAR.

From the cleaned photos, to me, they look like 2-3 week old meaties. Wonder if they were easter chicks, the timing is about right. Keep snapping photos, and we'll help you sort them out.

Quote:
Thats what i was thinking someone proubly got thier kids cute little chicks and then they started growing and making a mess.....

My guess would be Packing P-nuts! But they look 1000 times better now!!! Thank God You found them! Hopefully You will be able to re home them.

Good Luck and God Bless!

Awww I'm so glad that "girl" went and looked in the box!

Good job cleaning them up and I am certain you will be able to find homes for them once they are feeling better. Cute now that they are all cleaned up.

Fantastic job on the bath! They look so good.....look a little like my Light Brahma's when they are chicks, it will be interesting to see what you have when they get bigger. Thanks goodness for kind hearts and gentle people! Bless you for taking such good care of them!! Wishing you and your babies the best!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Awww my goodness!!! How could anyone do that to a poor defensless baby chick!!!
he.gif
somad.gif

Thank god you guys rescued them!!! They looked like they had been sitting in filth their whole lives befo0re you kindly took them in. I would have done the same thing meaties, roosters, or whatever! I was also thinking they were someones packing peanuts. They kind of remind me of leghorns. As far as vitamins go I think your best bet would be to get Vitamin and electrolytes you can put in their water. They sell it at the feed stores. I am thinking they may be a bit dehydrated from sitting in that box for god knows how long. Keep us posted on these little troopers. Best of luck to you and the little ones and ty sooo much for saving them
hugs.gif

Quote:
They probably bought them at TSC not know what they were buying and when they didn't want the mess anymore they took them back and left them in the parking lot. Unfortunately the 6 chicks minimum doesn't really matter to some people when they are buying cute fluffy chicks for under $3. each. then they start growing.

MamaDoula

It's a wonderful that you've taken them in and done such a good job cleaning them up. I won't even get into my thoughts on somebody who'd leave them in a state like that. I wish you luck with those little guys and finding them homes.

Back
Top Bottom