Oh man... this will be the first time ever...

Well tomorrow is the big day... I have my shrink bags and killing cones. Will post pics tomorrow of how things turn out.

Good luck Jeff.
fl.gif

Well, Jeff, clearly you're able to economize by dropping the gym membership for the month of November. Your "reps" will be counted by the number of birds bagged. Best of luck to you!

Jeff, I think it is going to be awesome in what you are doing! I hope your wife/GF is very patient with you not coming home for supper!

That is ALOT of turkeys, if you ask me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love a homegrown turkey but my city prohibit having any. They sure do look YUMMY!

Well, Jeff, clearly you're able to economize by dropping the gym membership for the month of November. Your "reps" will be counted by the number of birds bagged.

Isn't this the true.... I have 60 +or- a couple.... I lifted everyone of them and put them in the holding pen for the night to make sure they empty out before the morning. Let me tell you... some of those were huge and they may dress well over 16 lbs. By the time I picked up that 60th turkey I was feeling it in my arms. GOOD THING.... Is I did find some help, I should have a total of 4 people including myself. All of which are somewhat familar with the process, my dad being the biggest help as he knows exactly what to do from start to finish. So I don't have to really show him anything, everyone else I have to keep my "eye" on them just to make sure everything is going good... as your looking at a $50-$80 turkey... people want them to look not good but great.

Jeff, I think it is going to be awesome in what you are doing! I hope your wife/GF is very patient with you not coming home for supper!

That is ALOT of turkeys, if you ask me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love a homegrown turkey but my city prohibit having any. They sure do look YUMMY!

My girlfriend... Melanie... is extremely patient and supportive of what I do. It helps to have someone pick you up everytime you get down on yourself or "burnt out" as like Buster said roofing all day and then coming home to a full time farm is not easy on the mind or body!! But I'm doing ok at the moment, as I now know that the day is almost here where all of those customers are going to be lining up to pick up their bird.... with wallet book in hand... As far as the Yummy part.... yes they are, I think turkeys are the most noticeable of home grown poultry.

Thanks for all of the luck... it's going to be needed. Will make sure to take plenty of pics of how we do it here...​

so i guess we are all wondering if poor Jeff has the any strength left in his arms to type?????

update when you can
:)

wow I thought having 10 of them was alot!!!

I love the pics of them running to you like a title wave of gobbling
lau.gif

you must be exhausted!!!

Back
Top Bottom