Oh man... this will be the first time ever...

Wow.

To do all that AND have a day job too. Double WOW.

Good luck and I hope you have someone that gives great massages. I suspect you are going to need it.

Hey Jeff, I'm putting a new roof on my house today. You got time to come over and give me a hand? LOL If so, make sure you wash all the turkey nasties off your hands first.

yuckyuck.gif

At it again..... Sorry for no photos.... I was so freakin tired yesterday I could barely lift my arms! The whole not going to the gym thing hit the head right on the nail!

So breakdown for the day.....

Help actually slowed me down. My dad didn't show and I had two guys that were more interested in the lunch that I bought and the beer in the fridge.... They helped.... but not enough to put a dent in the 300 + turkeys.

My dad is on his way today and I believe we can do double what we did yesterday. Yesterday we only did 24 but I had 300 broiler chicks come in yesterday morning (another post) and had cone trouble....

So I buy these brand new cones $160.00 for 4 and the dang things don't even work! I have to cut the throat of the turkey's first then put them in the cones to bleed out.... I should have just bought 4 traffic cones form Lowes!! Urgh... so mad.... but I'm going to talk to featherman to see about a refund or new cones as these ones just don't do the job.

Another reason why we stopped was I ran out of tubs to chill them in! No need to fear..... the chill tank is now here! I just unloaded my brand spankin new $475.00 piece of white plastic! Yeah... it's plastic and it cost that much.... somebody shoot me. It is now 8:52 in the morning and awaiting my dads arrival... to get started.

The weight of the birds were about 14-17 lbs dressed.... oops! I grew them out a bit too long! I have customers wanting 10-14 lbs! LOL...

SO..... 24 birds done... 130 or so more to go.... I have plenty of pics just have to upload them, might not be until this weekend but I will surely try.

And yes I was way too tired last night to type! LOL!

Thanks for all of the support! I hope today goes better than yesterday.... my back is already in pain.... I slept on the couch as I passed out at like 8:00.... that was a mistake!

Quote:
Ya... I will be right over!! Let me change my clothes though as I look like a turkey with all of these feathers on me!! I would just hate to get one on your brand new roof!!

Quote:
Well I called the boss and took this week off and next week. He was totally ok with. Which is great for me as I don't have to stress about getting it done.

Massages... Yep... I have that one down! Awe my poor back... can I get a quick massage? LOL...

Quote:
Out of curiousity, what would you have changed about the cones? I'm not sure about the size of mine compared to the ones featherman sells, but I want to make sure mine are working for folks. Not trying to sell you cones, just wondering what turkey folks are looking for in a cone to make sure mine are working! Do you know the dimensions? Your birds aren't especially big are they?

Jaku,

The birds are only about 16-20 lbs live weight. They are dressing at 12-17 lbs at the moment. So I would say those are average... I would say big are around 18-24 lbs dressed weight but I don't know.

Featherman claims that it will hold 8-50 lbs.... Ya right... not even close.

First off what I would change is the fact that they are too long and you can not reach the neck to cut. The top (base) is too small they don't go down far enough... so with those two minor adjustments they would be great.

Also too, don't know if you have seen their stand set up but I had two turkeys in the cones and was getting ready to do my third... and the stand fell over as if it was top heavy. Needless to say I banged up a couple cones and had to chase done a couple turkeys. At this point I was upset and fuming.

Trust me if featherman doesn't make it right some way some how I will be coming to you for cones!! I spent $160.00 on 4 cones and I'm pretty upset. Now the broiler cones worked great.

Back
Top Bottom