OH NATIONAL 2012 ~ Are you going to be there?

Will anyone be selling LF Salmon Faverolles at the Ohio Nationals?

I rarely see LF Favs in the sale area, unless they are hatchery. As with any breed, I always recommend contacting a breeder directly, and have them bring birds just for you. After looking for some time, I finally ordered and hatched out eggs to get my LF. Try Ron Patterson - he has great birds and he's close enough that he may be there. Ask on the Fav thread for his contact info.

At this point there have been over 500 sale cages paid for with the show entries. That guarantees about as varied an offering of birds as you will see anywhere. And with the end of the show season approaching the birds offered for sale at The OHIO NATIONAL are among the best that the breeders are willing to part with. There will be additional cages set-up for people to rent at the show and never has there been a time that all these cages were not rented. Remember that often birds in show cages are available for sale after the judging.

It looks like the final number of entries in the show will be about 5,500. 1,520 of those are entered by juniors. Overall there are 1,300 large chickens entered. A very high percentage of the whole show in this day and age. The exhibitor count is 475.

There is a large number of Marans entered and a wide variety of Silkie colors to be enjoyed.

The show opens for caging at 10AM and continues until 10PM on Friday November 9th, Everything is in place by 9AM on Saturday when judging begins. The building closes at 6PM when everyone gets together with their Friends for dinner and an evening of enjoyment at the camper or in the hotel.

Since so many people come to The OHIO NATIONAL we often hear that even though they had a great time "there were so many people I would have liked to have spent more time with". A good way to overcome that is to get to the show hall early Sunday morning and visit when things are less hectic until coop out time at about 10:30AM

The show is held in the Governor Voinovich Livestock and Trade Center on the Ohio State Fairgrounds in Columbus, Ohio. To find the fairgrounds look for The Ohio Expositions Center. Your navigator will find your way there if you set a destination of 717 E 17th Ave 43211 The entrance to the fairgrounds is two blocks off I71 and couldn't be easier to get to.

This will be my first time showing, am I foolish for making this my first show. I'm starting to feel nervous, as the time is drawing near.
Michele

It certainly could be termed "jumping in with both feet".

It is the biggest annual, and arguably the best, poultry show in the nation. But it is in your backyard and you will have a great time and learn a lot.

I will PM you a contact number to call when you arrive. There are a couple of nice folks with d'Uccles from here in Ohio that will help you along. I will introduce you.

I looked at your album pics and saw some birds that look OK. Don't fret. Most everybody that comes to The OHIO NATIONAL gets beat and they come back year after year to enjoy the competition and fellowship

Back
Top Bottom