Oh, no, he didn't.

The 8 days I was so sick I thought I would die? He (my DH) loaded the dishwasher and reloaded as needed for clean cups, glasses and yogurt bowls. Not once but twice he also unloaded and put away dirty dishes think he had washed them. I think I am finally done with finding dirty dishes in the cabinets. I think often times some men intentionally do things wriong so they are never asked to do certain things again. I know I don't trust him to wash clothes either.

Hehehehe... I wouldn't put it past them!!
lau.gif

Quote:
You can't make this stuff up. I need to go back to posting the stuff my husband says on my blog. Those used to be popular posts.

Quote:
It's kind of like how, if dads want to do something, they just make their plans without a second thought. If WE want to do something (like when I want to go to BlogHer conferences), it is a MAJOR ordeal, in which we have to make 9,000 arrangements.

And does anyone else get annoyed when people refer to fathers "babysitting" their OWN children? I swear, I hear that all the time! Women asking their husbands, "Can you watch the kids while I do so-and-so?" What is THAT about? Do they ask us if WE can watch the kids? Never, ever, ever.

I swear I am not a man-basher. These topics have just, um, been on my mind lately, let's say.
hmm.png

KLONDIKE BARS FOR US!!!
cool.png

frow.gif
Ooh ooh! I want one! LOL!

I told hubby about MPs theory, and he said "Drat it! They're on to us!!!"
lau.gif

Notice that men get a Klondike bar for putting a dish in the dishwasher and women get a box of Calgon to take us away.

Where's the discrepancy here? That means she had to clean the bathtub in order to take a bath!!

ARG.
barnie.gif

This morning I got up around 7. Before DBF got up around 8 I had cleaned the kitchen, emptied the dishwasher, boiled the brine for the sweet pickles, let the chickens out, poured boiling water on the weeds in the cracks in the front walkway, pulled pork chops out of the freezer for tonight, and started some zucchini-lemon muffins.
ep.gif

I fully intend to have him clean the muffin tins. At least he started laundry.

I told him a while back that, while he gets points for starting laundry & moving it from the washing machine to the dryer, he doesn't get many because that's the easy part. Folding the laundry & putting it away is the hard part, but the part for which you earn the most household karma points.

You guys are cracking me up!

So, lets all do our future daughter-in-laws a favor and teach our sons how to do all of this before they learn there is another way. It'll be doing our part to better the world, right?
wink.png

Actually, my hubby is pretty good about all of this (he does dishes and straightens up), but then, he's just hired someone to mow our lawns instead of us having to do it. I still do the laundry most of the time, but I prefer it that way. But I DON'T put things away. Everyone has to do their own. The kids clean the bathrooms.

Ninja - I also have laminate flooring. We had a slow water leak from the water line in the fridge. It cost us a boatload of money to get that fixed!

Quote:
Does this work?! I love this idea!

Folding the laundry & putting it away is the hard part, but the part for which you earn the most household karma points.

I totally agree! My DH works a ton so I end up doing (read not doing) most of the house stuff. With four kids you can imagine the amount of laundry that's always in some stage of done. Right now, we have two baskets full to be folded/put away, some loose clean stuff on the couch and a little on my bed that also need to be folded! I HATE that part!!! Unfortunately, only two of the kids are big enough to help out yet. I think I'm losing the battle!
he.gif

barnie.gif

OP, I feel your pain! My DH brought the hose in the house to wet down the ceiling (to scrape that popcorn stuff off). I thought I was either going to a.) Have a heart attack or b.) KILL HIM.
Neither happened, but I did scream at him for a while!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom